+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chateau bagging

I'm Alan.

Default Chateau bagging

As the Prissac site is still overgrown (due to be cut next week) I went over to Wanafly (http://www.wanafly.co.uk/site1/) as an alternative place to fly from.

Always a good welcome from Dave and Mandy thought the wind direction is sometimes challenging. All the land had just been cut and baled so this time there was plenty of space.

Took off easily with a circuit of the farm to give the microlight pilots a look at what real flying is like Thought I would take some pictures of the local Chateau's to share on here.

First one is at Bourg-Archambault:

'tother side of it:

The obligatory 'boot shot':

Next flew to the south of Wanafly to bag this beauty at Ris Chauveron:

Lastly a shut up Chateau at Azat-le-Ris:

It was a cracking flight with lots of low level over the farm before landing on the taxiway
    Firebottle - for the no bottleneck approach.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Ben.

Great photos indeed! How do you manage to fly and take the pictures at the same time?
    SL1210
    Jelco SA-750 & AT150 MLX,
    Firebottle phono stage,
    Jungson JA-88 amp,
    JBL L40 Speakers.
    M2tech Young dac .

I'm Alan.

Powered paragliding is a stable and slow method of flight, once at a safe height you can take your hands off the controls. Makes for taking photos a lot easier.
    This is what the flying machine looks like:

That's me taking off from Wolverhampton Halfpenny green airport.

This is me coming in to land, just crossed in front of the Police helicopter hangar:

Firebottle - for the no bottleneck approach.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Plenty bottle Alan . I will remain on terra firma thanks
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Great shots Alan, love to give that a go sometime.
    There are times when you canít do the sensible thing, when you canít act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But whenís that ever stopped us?

I'm Martin.

Do families still live in the chateux or are they like some sort of national trust thing?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

From Wikipedia on the first:
    Bourg-Archambault has a privately owned chateau of special architectural interest: consisting of a four turreted 'keep' style building which was renovated during 2003: surrounded by a moat and having an entrance bridge and what appears to be a drawbridge tower.

The second one has two brothers living in it, one in the chateau and one in the entrance 'lodge'.

I'm Ben.

Top quality thread this! I bet the sense of freedom flying one of those is amazing.
    SL1210
    Jelco SA-750 & AT150 MLX,
    Firebottle phono stage,
    Jungson JA-88 amp,
    JBL L40 Speakers.
    M2tech Young dac .

I'm Rich.

Oh yes, looks fun....

At Glastonbury last year a guy came into the festival on one of those. Swooped over the stage and crowd to land in a field right at the climax of Mavis Staples set. Was brilliant and got an enormous cheer from the crowd. I recall thinking I had to give that a go.
    NEBO 8 - Sat 6th May 2017, St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport. 10am til late.

See here for details: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Airport/page20

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    I bet the sense of freedom flying one of those is amazing.
    It is fantastic. Once you've got the skill and experience it is just brilliant that you can turn up at the field and be airbourne in about twenty minutes.

It is the closest to flying like a bird with a completely open viewpoint.

If anyone is thinking of taking this up please get proper training

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast