+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chateau bagging

I'm Alan.

Default Chateau bagging

As the Prissac site is still overgrown (due to be cut next week) I went over to Wanafly (http://www.wanafly.co.uk/site1/) as an alternative place to fly from.

Always a good welcome from Dave and Mandy thought the wind direction is sometimes challenging. All the land had just been cut and baled so this time there was plenty of space.

Took off easily with a circuit of the farm to give the microlight pilots a look at what real flying is like Thought I would take some pictures of the local Chateau's to share on here.

First one is at Bourg-Archambault:

'tother side of it:

The obligatory 'boot shot':

Next flew to the south of Wanafly to bag this beauty at Ris Chauveron:

Lastly a shut up Chateau at Azat-le-Ris:

It was a cracking flight with lots of low level over the farm before landing on the taxiway
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Ben.

Great photos indeed! How do you manage to fly and take the pictures at the same time?
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Alan.

Powered paragliding is a stable and slow method of flight, once at a safe height you can take your hands off the controls. Makes for taking photos a lot easier.
    This is what the flying machine looks like:

That's me taking off from Wolverhampton Halfpenny green airport.

This is me coming in to land, just crossed in front of the Police helicopter hangar:

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Plenty bottle Alan . I will remain on terra firma thanks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Great shots Alan, love to give that a go sometime.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

Do families still live in the chateux or are they like some sort of national trust thing?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

From Wikipedia on the first:
    Bourg-Archambault has a privately owned chateau of special architectural interest: consisting of a four turreted 'keep' style building which was renovated during 2003: surrounded by a moat and having an entrance bridge and what appears to be a drawbridge tower.

The second one has two brothers living in it, one in the chateau and one in the entrance 'lodge'.

I'm Ben.

Top quality thread this! I bet the sense of freedom flying one of those is amazing.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Rich.

Oh yes, looks fun....

At Glastonbury last year a guy came into the festival on one of those. Swooped over the stage and crowd to land in a field right at the climax of Mavis Staples set. Was brilliant and got an enormous cheer from the crowd. I recall thinking I had to give that a go.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    I bet the sense of freedom flying one of those is amazing.
    It is fantastic. Once you've got the skill and experience it is just brilliant that you can turn up at the field and be airbourne in about twenty minutes.

It is the closest to flying like a bird with a completely open viewpoint.

If anyone is thinking of taking this up please get proper training

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast