+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stunning plants

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cheers, dude. They're very healthy - good strong roots!

However, I'll need to shift them, as they've grown right at the stone archway and entrance to our lawn, so at the moment we have to skip past them to get in there. Just waiting until they're fully developed and more settled before they're relocated into the main garden

Yup, the trailer stakes are good and seem to work well.

A wee view of Marco-Towers:

The Hollyhocks are growing right under that arch!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Justin.

Some Golden Virginia tobacco seeds I got off eBay 2.5 months ago.

Amazed they're growing TBH. But they are! Not illegal unless you try to sell it without paying duty.

uploadfromtaptalk1468078664496.jpguploadfromtaptalk1468078687366.jpguploadfromtaptalk1468078705558.jpg
    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

I'm Justin.

Apparently with a 5 gallon tub they grow to 8ft. That is the sum total of my crop above. When dehydrated the actual yield will be tiny I am sure. Still, a bit of fun.

They are just growing without any greenhouse help etc though slugs are attacking the lower leaves.
    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Some Golden Virginia tobacco seeds I got off eBay 2.5 months ago.

Amazed they're growing TBH. But they are! Not illegal unless you try to sell it without paying duty.

uploadfromtaptalk1468078664496.jpguploadfromtaptalk1468078687366.jpguploadfromtaptalk1468078705558.jpg
    My dad used to grow Tobacco when I was a kid. I remember the flowers having a really strong perfume that wafted through the house. It was a lovely scent.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Got horsetail... Its survived since the dinasaurs so just about impossible to kill. Anyway if others have it then the spores just come to you anyway... Its got some uses though, and makes a great pan cleaner
    We also have Horsetail and cleavers (sticky stuff) but we are OK with all but a few weeds and wild native plants as they give the garden a natural feel and are an attractor for all sorts of wildlife and we always look forward to slate winter /early spring with the banks of snowdrops followed by the fruit trees in blossom along with the bluebells under them.

I'm Grant.

Grew tobacco once.. Got a fair amount of leaves too... You could send them away to be processed in those days but i didnt. There is also the nicotina plants that are grown for their flowers. You get great fragrant flowers with those.. Its different to tobacco plant
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Justin.

I don't think they like a lot of water they go very lame when it has been raining, and rise up almost vertically when it dries out.

Interesting they smell nice when they flower. Apparently they are almost evergreen.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I lived in a place where the garden was becoming over run with Japanese Knotweed. Supposedly one of the most resistant plants to any chemicals and major threat to the UK environment, as leave just one tiny piece behind in the soil and it will grow back in months. The landlord got in gypsies to get rid of it and whatever they did it worked and it never came back.
    ah yes , Japanese knotweed . I have just complained to a letting company whose house is near mine . they have it growing in the drains and everywhere . not sure if they will do anything though . its a menace . well done to those gysies !i
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ proac studio 125

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cheers, dude. They're very healthy - good strong roots!

However, I'll need to shift them, as they've grown right at the stone archway and entrance to our lawn, so at the moment we have to skip past them to get in there. Just waiting until they're fully developed and more settled before they're relocated into the main garden

Yup, the trailer stakes are good and seem to work well.

A wee view of Marco-Towers:

The Hollyhocks are growing right under that arch!

Marco.
    You see that big useless green bit. That is where you should build your listening bunker.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... Nah, we like (and use) the lawn. We could build an extension on the other side, but we'll most likely move house before then, to a nice little village, somewhere properly in the Welsh countryside.

We're looking at Montgomery: https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ntgomery-powys

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast