+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stunning plants

I'm Martin.

Do we have anyone here from the Isle Of Bute who can confirm this story or was Jez just watching 'The Wicker Man' whilst tripping balls?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jez.

Avoid "The Wicker Tree" follow up...

The Earl of Bute was the worlds wealthiest person (IIRC) and could afford to have exotic plants brought in from around the world and properly tended

The whole place is bloody amazing, especially the actual stately home. Highly recommended as a day out if in the area.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Grant.

I think Mount Stuart, the home of the Bute Family have a Musa zebrina. They can and do produce Fruits.... oddly babana shaped, as its a sort of, h, Banana plant
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jez.

This is outdoors and appears to be a plant that likes being in water as it is right next to a stream and some of the tree is in the water, including some of the banana shaped things. I've tried looking them up before but couldn't find anything similar. The only similarity to bananas is the shape of these pods... but they are about a yard long, green and have spikes all over them. It really looks prehistoric!
    There is a massive greenhouse as well with other exotic plants.

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    The most spectacular plants I've ever seen (as opposed to smoked) were actually in Scotland... Isle of Bute, Mount Stuart to be precise. Real wow stuff Feck knows what it is but they have these things like 3 foot long bananas covered with spikes which look like they came from the land that time forgot. Amazing.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

Nope. Much bigger than that and the pods really are like bananas but are single rather than like a bunch of bananas. They also hang down on "tendrils" with some of them actually in the water. Impressive and prehistoric though that is it's not a patch on the thing I'm talking about... The leaves look pretty similar though.
    I couldn't find any photos of it on the Mount Stuart website when I was trying to work out what it was a few years ago and nothing I found on google came close...
    Yer on the right lines with that though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234