+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FOR SALE: Garrard 401 Turntable with Oak Plinth and Stand

I'm Andrew.

Default FOR SALE: Garrard 401 Turntable with Oak Plinth and Stand

Very nice 401 motor unit with two layered plinth and stand. £450 collected from SE London.

The top later of the plinth is oak and the lower layer mdf. It has a three legged stand that fits nicely underneath, but this is optional. You can just use sorbothane pads under the plinth if you want to put it on a rack.

I bought a few motor units and this was the best. The condition off all the machinery is superb. I've not supplied photos of the underside because it's screwed into the plinth, but it is in top shape. It runs really nicely.

The AO Rega arm in the picture is not included, although I might sell this. I'm also going to be putting up a Musicmaker cartridge for sale, so if you are interested in a complete set-up, let me know. In that case I could set it all up for you with a Dr Feickert protractor.

The small arm-board I'm including is cut for Rega arms; this is fine but slightly small for the plinth, so it exposes a couple of drill holes on the edge (see picture 2). I can include a larger arm-board that covers the drill holes, and you could use for any length of arm (see picture 3), but I made that for my Omega Point so I'd want a few quid extra for it.

Last edited by Barry; 06-07-2016 at 20:02. Reason: Images embedded

I'm Alan.

Come on Andrew, it's very easy to embed the photos:

I'm Andrew.

Many thanks Alan.

I'm Andrew.

This is an alternative arm-board which is a Rega fit but will take 12" arms. It also covers the drill holes nicely and is a perfect fit for the plinth.

I will sel the AO RB250 Arm with the deck for an extra £175, and I can provide a Cartridgeman Music Maker Mk2, retipped with new Mk3 stylus, for £300

I'm Andrew.

TT and Arm are SOLD

Musicmaker cartridge still available

+ Reply to Thread