+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creek 6060 Genuine?

I'm Geoff.

A bit of info relating to the 6060:

Firstly, it was UK manufactured (or at least I know the European market ones were). Creek have gone to chinese manufacture these days (like everyone else) but the 6060 was built way before then.

The 6060 (like it's little brother, the 5050) was designed and made during the period that Mike didn't own the company (1988-1993), when it was owned by TGI Group. Mike was still involved in the design so I understand. As far as I know, Alex Nitkin was only employed later, after Mike bought the company back. Alex was certainly involved during the much later original 53 series models.

I've had two 6060 and probably three 5050. They are both nice amps (particularly the 6060) but then I've not heard a Creek that I didn't like. Never seen a far-east market one like yours though. If you want a 'translation', I might still have a picture of the back of one of mine.
    It shouldn't struggle to go loud on a normal speaker load so it might suggest that there is indeed an issue depending on the test impedance.

One of the switches on the back puts it into bridge mode though for driving a single channel so check that's not pressed. No idea if trying to drive two speakers in bridge mode would give you the symptoms you have?? Anyone?

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff101 View Post

Crickey that was a bit of a memory jog - I'd almost forgotten I did some of the artwork for some of the Creek silkscreen back panels during the TGI era!
    DGP

I'm Dan.

Shes Home....

I think im at the top of where i need to be with the HI-FI i have im one lucky sod....
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Geoff.

Maybe. The amp looks great and I really like those. But I have a feeling you'll have a little voice inside saying 'get a Destiny' (or Destiny 2).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Im at my limit for amplifiers now Geoff "17"

This one is going up in value...sound per pound is well worth the money this ones had a full service she needed one....
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Grant.

Maybe have a boot sale now Dan and clear your feet
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

How are you finding the 6060 now Dan, since the overhaul.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    How are you finding the 6060 now Dan, since the overhaul.
    Very Impressive Geoff sound wise - The typical British sound Lucid and precise but also has the gut bass from the 65 PWC but also no long goes into protection at half way this way caused by 2 overloading resistors on the right channel the new ones are specified correct - its gonna be driving my Tannoy 615 MK2's when i get round to making room so i can have them in the main room and have a change around in the new year Im going to need to do a mod on the back and label up the inputs as the Japanese is not my forte unfortunately. The 6060 can be bridged as a mono-block to i might try this at some point but might need guidance..
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123