+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello From Pontefract

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Welcome Shaun

Another caiman' im starting to think i am missing out ' nearly everyone on here seems to have one , except me.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Welcome Shaun

Another Caiman ' I'm starting to think I am missing out ' nearly everyone on here seems to have one, except me .
    No Chris,

You're not alone, I have yet to try a separate DAC. Will put that right next year with one of Mr Beresford's designs, though it might not be a Caiman.

Hello Shaun - Welcome to AoS!

Regards
    Barry

Sorry didnt get chance to do a full A/B as i planned and only managed to listen to two tracks through all three combinations:-

1.Flac>Duet>Caiman>Novo>HD650's

2.Flac>Duet>Caiman>HD650's

3.Flac>Duet>Novo>HD650's

I wanted to pick well recorded recent recordings, no point playing the Beatles Mono stuff right?

Kate Bush - The Coral Room
    The Who - Bargain
    Neil Young - Heart Of Gold(recently remastered version)

1.I thought this combination worked best across the three songs, being both analytical yet involving, having power yet having subtlety. Brought out some hand claps during Bargain which ive never noticed before, whilst making Townshends guitar sound like a buzzsaw attack.

2.Ran out of steam on accasion - seeming to lack the brute force needed to make Bargain sound like the song it should. Very clean sounding, yet a slight tendency imo, to get a little too pushed when too many things were going on. Combo 1 had the ability to be able to make a band sound like a team, a unit, as one, whilst sill being able to pinpoint what each band member is doing - Combo 2, didnt. Not a night and day contrast but a contrast nonetheless.

3.Another forum suggest i use the Duet as source, i suggest they go for their ears checking. Detail, lack of musical drive etc etc. This was the black sheep of the 3 - by some way.

My new set up will be Flac>Duet>Caiman>G.Slee Solo>Hd650's with Russ Andrews Cable

Im hoping to give a far more in depth opinion on the options within that set up.
    Shaun.

I'm David.

Good stuff!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12