+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The worst LP or CD you have ever owned?

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Eric Dolphy Out to lunch. I am sure some people will like it but I found it to be a tuneless mess.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    Eric Dolphy Out to lunch. I am sure some people will like it but I found it to be a tuneless mess.
    I must say I found this very hard work for a while but one day it clicked for me.

Still not something that I could just put on and would need to be in the mood for the randomness of it all.
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    Seems a bit daft question. Dont people know what they are buying before they buy it? However not suprising that its a fact Hi-Fi puddings know nothing about music, they think they do but they dont..

When I was still buying vinyl I'd quite often take a punt on a second hand copy of something for a quid. Sometimes just because I liked the cover art. If it's only a quid, why not?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by ceejaydee View Post
    I must say I found this very hard work for a while but one day it clicked for me.

Still not something that I could just put on and would need to be in the mood for the randomness of it all.
    Christopher your not the first person to tell me this, but for me music has to be tuneful and this and many more "free jazz" records I have heard just leave me cold. I try and keep my jazz as tuneful and gentle as possible. I also struggle with most Miles I have heard, I have tried very hard to like it but I do struggle. Maybe I should just stick with Abba
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    Christopher your not the first person to tell me this, but for me music has to be tuneful and this and many more "free jazz" records I have heard just leave me cold. I try and keep my jazz as tuneful and gentle as possible. I also struggle with most Miles I have heard, I have tried very hard to like it but I do struggle. Maybe I should just stick with Abba
    ABBA is good too
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm John.

Chas and Dave Christmas LP is unspeakably bad, and I don't mean maybe.

Probably worth considering locking the thread tbh, the end

I'm Andr'e.

Mickey Mouse 'Disco'

[Macca gave it me]
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Chas and Dave Christmas LP is unspeakably bad, and I don't mean maybe.

Probably worth considering locking the thread tbh, the end
    Which one? 'A Cockney Christmas With Chas And Dave' or 'A Christmas Knees Up With Chaz And Dave'

The former has blisteringly good reviews. Here's one:

'enjoyed the carols and all the old songs. There (sic) voices were nice and easy to understand by everyone young and old'

Might get the brace of them for this year's festivities.

Might.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    Mickey Mouse 'Disco'

[Macca gave it me]
    I had two copies. Gave you the Nice Price one kept the first pressing for meself.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

This one:

Was convinced by someone on a Forum that it was one of the best prog albums ever...... But unfortunately it's a cross between Hall and Oates and Chicago ............ Oh Dear me it's awful, if anyone wants it they can have it for postage costs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast