+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The worst LP or CD you have ever owned?

I'm Aaron.

Exclamation The worst LP or CD you have ever owned?

I would be interested / amused to hear what the worst LP or CD you have ever owned is and why?

My personal opening offering is a CD I just acquired at a local School Fete this morning, I give you Lifted, or, The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (LINK), the third or fourth album by Bright Eyes. If someone played/sung this at an Open Mike event they would undoubtedly be booed off the stage.

I have others . . . Mark Cerrone's Love in C Minor springs to mind.

Come on, share your worst.

I'm Jez.

Nirvana "Bleach"
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by surv1v0r View Post
    I would be interested / amused to hear what the worst LP or CD you have ever owned is and why?

My personal opening offering is a CD I just acquired at a local School Fete this morning, I give you Lifted, or, The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (LINK), the third or fourth album by Bright Eyes. If someone played/sung this at an Open Mike event they would undoubtedly be booed off the stage.

I have others . . . Mark Cerrone's Love in C Minor springs to mind.

Come on, share your worst.
    I rather liked his 2004 recordings: I'm Wide Awake It's Morning and Digital Ash in a Digital Urn. However I lost interest in his later stuff.

Probably got some "stinkers" in my collection, that haven't been donated to the charity shops. Will have to think about it.
    Barry

I'm joe.

Peter Green's 'The End of the Game'. What made it worse was that I'd asked for the album as birthday present!

I'm Martin.

Quite a few I can think of. What's that Zappa album where it is all synclavier?

And Neil Young 'Life'

Diana Krall 'The Girl In the Other Room' never been able to listen to all of that

But for the very worst I'm torn between Glen Frey's 'Soul Searchin' and Lindsay Buckingham's 'Go Insane'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

But did you own them?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Yes still have all of them
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Christopher.

I've had a few over the years that didn't live up to immediate expectation but this by Metallica was a serious let down for me.... I kind of liked 'Load' in a way but this was awful and I tried a couple of listens in case it was a grower but it wasn't.

Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Andr'e.

Seems a bit daft question. Dont people know what they are buying before they buy it? However not suprising that its a fact Hi-Fi puddings know nothing about music, they think they do but they dont..

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Over the years I've generally checked out at least one track on an album before buying rather than taking a blind punt. That's where singles used to come in so handy. The only albums that I've bought with absolutely no prior insight have been artists who I've found have consistently delivered for me previously. I do have a few exceptions but most were bargain bin - here's an example of a "fail", as I believe the young people say.

Chequered Past on vinyl, bought in a sale at Virgin in Nottingham (you see, these things stick...) some time in the 80's on the strength of Steve Jones' involvement. A whole album of nothing at all of note. Still have it though - as I see it, your records and CDs are part of your DNA and even the bad ones represent a piece of you.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast