+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Currrent super rock band reissues - Any good? - (Election free zone)

I'm Shaun.

Hmmm... very difficult one this. At No1 it would have to be Brand X for the sheer precision of their musicianship. No2 it would have to be The Chemical Brothers because; well, because it would.

I'm Shaun.

LOL, the effects of whisky at five in the afternoon. This last post should be in another category but hey, who's bothered LOL

I'm Josie.

Not to worry... The Chemicals are always up there IMO...
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonzo View Post
    Hi Bob

I have just had some warped unplayable lps flattened by analogue seduction for about £4 per lp plus post and in all cases they are now playable.

Good luck
    That's useful to know Alf so thanks. Had I been aware at the time I'd have taken a punt and sent it off to Analogue Seduction.

When you say "they are now playable" does this mean they're as they were before or are they still a bit wobbly. And how does the sound quality stack up?

Thinking back I'd still go for the new heavy weight remaster I have over my 1973 pressing. There's more detail and life in it than the original. Maybe the old one was just "played out"? I'm still astounded by what people are prepared to pay for them though.
    Source: Orbe SE / SME IV / Cadenza Bronze
    Source: WD NAS / Cyrus Stream X2 / Chord DAVE
    Source: Oppo UDP-205 (CD/DVD-A/SACD)

Amplification: Icon Audio PS 3 Sig Phono + Audio Research LS27 + Musical Fidelity A5cr Power Amp
    Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28
    Cables/stands: Mark Grant G1500HD + Linn K20 + Cat 5e
    Other bits: Okki Nokki keeping things clean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123