Closed Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic day for Great Britain!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There isn't going to be an EU - only us and The Germans were paying for it. We have taken the ball and gone home. It will now unravel.
    Interesting point

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm gordan.

What really strikes me is that some don't see how the UK has already been privileged in the UE (currency, borders, foreign policy) and now expecting to continue having that just without formal obligations when in an union.

Not sure you understand what LEAVE means in a full glory, maybe some of the divorced here can share an experience or two.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    What really strikes me is that some don't see how the UK has already been privileged in the UE (currency, borders, foreign policy) and now expecting to continue having that just without formal obligations when in an union. Not sure you understand what LEAVE means in a full glory, maybe some of the divorced here can share an experience or two.

British farming, and the British fishing industry has been ruined due to joining the EU, or as it was called then the EEC.

And then there was the financial disaster of black Wednesday.

Spain has done particularly well out of EU membership though....

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There isn't going to be an EU - only us and The Germans were paying for it. We have taken the ball and gone home. It will now unravel.
    Agree can't see Germany and France propping everyone up. Remain campaign flawed. The only one using non scaremongering tactics was Nicola Sturgeon.

I'm Geoff.

No more straight cucumbers then.

Whichever way the vote might have gone, there would have been good and bad aspects to the outcome and for the future.

At least the threat of TTIP is removed. For us at least and in anything resembling its current form. No doubt there'll be a year or two of actually 'leaving' and adjustment. Lets see what benefit may come. It can't be all bad, even though we will still have a Conservative government for a while (presumably).

Lets hope common sense rules where British expats are concerned. The significant numbers living in France and Spain for instance, face a period of uncertaintly, that's for sure. Hopefully suitable reciprocal arrangements will be made.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 24-06-2016 at 08:37.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Does Wales not exist?

Marco.
    You're right. I forgot the Faroe Islands too

I'm Geoff.

I hope we don't see too much self righteous gloating. There will be some who are genuinely upset about Brexit.

Me? I don't give a huge toss one way or the other. But I did vote.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm just glad to see Cameron falling on his sword - fair cheered up my day, that has! Tory WANKAZ

Another one in the eye for the establishment.... Let's hope that Coke-boy follows suit, and fast! Taxi for Osborne...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

As usual its what England wants we do. Rest of uk might as well not bother. Ah well, that,s my future secured then

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Not at all. The Scottish referendum 'take 2' is imminent (after which you'll rejoin the EU) - and THIS time, independence for Scotland will happen, and you'll rid yourselves from years of English oppression!!

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast