Closed Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic day for Great Britain!

I'm Neil.

Ulster and Scotland are now disenfranchised re what their people want, time for them to sort their futures out.

This is the beginning of the end, well done for screwing us all I hope each and everyone of us can cope with the financial shit storm that has begun, the pound will be worthless and that will effect us all, that though is only the beginning.
    Regards Neil

I'm gordan.

Thanks for the vote, now us buyers from eurozone will have a cheap UK audio. Congrats!
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm gone.

Free doom is right, Marco.

Time to climb a tree and pull it up after me, the wife and the cats.

I'll come back down in 2 or 3 years time.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... Nah, we'll all be fine and dandy, mate.

As usual with these things, short-term pain for long-term gain - or more likely, for ordinary folks, a big 'hoo-hah' over nothing and 'hee-haw' REAL difference made to our lives. Just get on with your normal day to day existence, and worry not. That's precisely what I'll be doing!

[Jumps back inside his 'safety bubble']

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    Thanks for the vote, now us buyers from eurozone will have a cheap UK audio. Congrats!
    Yup - buy now! Loads of it, please Spendy, spend, spend.

I'm Richard.

Absolutely. Rejoice.

The UK public (actually the English, not the Scots or Northern Irish) have voted Not to Remain in the EU as members with a vote.

Now we find out what they are going to do instead, but there are broadly 3 options

1) "April fool" as promised by Boris Johnson once in this campaign (but a BJ promise is worth what exactly?). Namely - go back to the EU with a really powerful mandate to negotiate from the British people and get a much better membership deal than Cameron got. The EU response will be 2 words (they have already made that clear) and the initials don't stand for Foreign Office
    2) Go the WTO route - invoke article 50, insist on control of borders, lose all existing member rights in Europe, hire squadrons of lawyers at huge cost to rewrite all UK legislation, negotiate a trade treaty with the EU, maybe, and with every other major trading partner. The problem is this means a significant loss of the City of London (they don't need a trade treaty - they need membership passporting rights) - maybe as much as 1/3. 1/3 of the £65 billion taxes raised from the City is probably unaffordable to balancing our budget, but 1/3 of our £200bn invisible earnings is utterly devastating to the balance of payments. That's a long winded way of saying "not going to happen"
    3) EEA membership or its direct equivalent, dressed up to pretend its not. The critical element would be sufficient participation in Europe to enable the continuation of passporting for City firms. In simple terms this means that a bank in the UK can trade in any EU country without having to set up a separate operation in that country. This is vital to the City . And EEA membership (or equivalent) means all the rules - absolutely non-negotiably cricitically that means free movement of people and no control of borders, Big financial contributions with no rebates and no return investment, and legislating all EU laws (like Norway does). But losing the vote - and losing all Anglo Saxon influence on EU rule making

One of those must be very attractive - so Rejoice. I am pretty sure it will be EEA membership - so I should still be able to bring a boot full of booze back to the UK when I visit, but will live in an EU, with England, without English influence

Meantime expect the Scots to vote for independence, and pray for peace in Northern Ireland - and pray the EU stays intact and provides peace in the rest of Europe too

I'm Martin.

There isn't going to be an EU - only us and The Germans were paying for it. We have taken the ball and gone home. It will now unravel.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    well done ! I didn't think people would have the courage to leave ! Not the easiest move but the right one IMO.
    Now, the EU politicians will go out of their way to make the exit as painful as they possibly can.
    They won't need to. The pain is fundamental to article 50 and the multiple treaties signed by the UK over the last 40 odd years. They just won't pretend to do anything to help and focus instead on preserving the remainder of the EU. Anyway - I still expect England not to leave Europe but to join the EEA .

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There isn't going to be an EU - only us and The Germans were paying for it. We have taken the ball and gone home. It will now unravel.
    I sincerely hope you are wrong. That would almost certainly lead to another devastating war within 20 years - probably much sooner. At least we now get to find out how little you understand about how the world works. Hang up your "business as usual" notice. It won't happen

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    The UK public (actually the English, not the Scots or Northern Irish) have voted Not to Remain in the EU as members with a vote.
    Does Wales not exist?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast