Closed Thread
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic day for Great Britain!

I'm Grant.

There's gratitude for you eh? Save Europe twice, and now we are worse than scum. So be it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

It's done now. We'd best be positive and get on with it. Blubbering about things or criticising people who had opposing opinions is pointless.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's done now. We'd best be positive and get on with it. Blubbering about things or criticising people who had opposing opinions is pointless.
    Kinda what I said
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Indeed. We need lots of positive waves from everyone. There will be upsides. Personally I'm looking forward to being able to buy an insanely powerful vacuum cleaner. A V8, probably.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    André asked if, when I voted, I was thinking of my country. I wasn't, I was thinking about those who would be living here after me, rather than thinking about what was best for me.
    You probably thought the youngs have no clue....?

btw

Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Guess it depends how much they want us. TBH, the EU is doomed without us I think. Germany is bricking it as we are one, if not their top customer. To just destroy that to save face is illogical and stupid. Germans are not known for that.
    In a couple of months the dust will settle and the plans that are being formulated all over will be brought out. If not then I will likely be dead meat a bit quicker that I planned.
    Alas, as is oft in the political world, when your Scottish, you get voted out by your bigger brother
    You can answer once for a correct german priority between kicking City out of a sight of the EU financial markets for good or being afraid of having sales tax on Merz in the UK.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Indeed. We need lots of positive waves from everyone. There will be upsides. Personally I'm looking forward to being able to buy an insanely powerful vacuum cleaner. A V8, probably.
    Although it could be insanely expensive.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    You probably thought the youngs have no clue....?

btw

Not at all. Why do you think that?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

A few ways you can interpret those stats.

Older people are wiser so more voted to leave.

Poorly educated people are not happy with the status quo. Well educated people are.

The second one is quite indicative.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dan.

It's a real sh*t storm over on the Wam re this; some real throwing of toys out of the pram over there and if you're with the vote-out side; you're utter scum, basically!

I've even witnessed pathetic/childish behaviour over on LinkedIn re this; I've had numerous 'connections' delete me and block me because I've voiced my opinion on the out-side and why I feel its happened and what it means etc

Very sad really!

It's now time for this Great country to stand on its own 2 feet once again and show them why we're Great Britain and why we can manage without them and don't need the EU nanny-state to hold our hands any more or give us permission every time we want to play out!!!
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast