+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itch Scratched!

I'm Craig.

Default Itch Scratched!

Had an itch to get something to spin those silver discs on, got me a Denon DVD 1930, connected into the Stan DAC via a Van Damme Black wotsit, it really does sound very good!

It's good for my health too as there wasn't a remote with it!

This helps in two ways.....obviously I have to walk over to the player to swap cd's, and it also stops me chopping and changing like I do when I'm listening to the SBT!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Craig.

Well that was short lived...played about 3 cd's when I first got it, nothing since! ��
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Martin.

Have to admit the SBT amazed me with its quality. Not surprised a budget Denon DVD player isn't luring you away from it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Richard.

It is amazing just how transient these itches are. It's not just me then.

I had exactly the same itch last year. Bought a cheap but classic Phillips CD player with a TDA1541 DAC. Raved over it for about 2 weeks and started thoroughly enjoying playing CDs again. Then the next project came along - Raspberry Pi, IQDAC and then Roon and the Phillips got consigned to a cupboard. That's not to say the Pi is a more enjoyable listen - I haven't actually pitted them against each other. I'm not sure I want to :-@
    Rich

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Done similar, bought a Teac P 30 transport from a member here, which is played through my prototype Longdog dac. Sounds superb.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread