+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm Grant.

no bad thing in my opinion. Far too much animosity as it is without managers leading badly by example.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no bad thing in my opinion. Far too much animosity as it is without managers leading badly by example.
    Probably better than the Lennon - McCoist cuddle

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Probably better than the Lennon - McCoist cuddle
    Indeed... lennon cant seem to avoid poor behaviour of some sort these days. Back to Pedro, and i dont think any fans will hold either his reaction or the permormance against him. Its still the same team that failed with Warburton and you rarely make silk out of a hairy pig,s ear. It will be interesting to see where he goes in transfer market( and how well he is supported). Also no DoF has been appointed yet or even hinted at, so still lots of work ahead. I do find his ideas very much of interest tho
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I get where you guys are coming from, no worries, it's just that if it were my team, I'd have preferred the manager to have shown more disappointment in defeat, in a match that let's not forget has effectively ended Rangers season.

I admire 'winners', who absolutely detest losing [alien to their DNA], such as Roy Keane (and yes Neil Lennon too, although I don't condone some of his behaviour), folks with real PASSION and FIRE in their bellies, and at the moment, IMO, Pedro's a bit too laid back for his own good, which I'm not sure the majority of Rangers fans will take to in the long term, if results aren't going well.

As I predicted the last time the two teams met at Parkhead, that Rangers would take something from the game, and did so, I'm confident the same thing will happen again at Ibrox next week, but if Celtic do win, and especially if they do so comfortably, I'm not sure that the big smiles and cuddles afterwards from Pedro, towards the opposition manager, will this time go down quite so well with the home fans.

As for Pedro's long-term success at Rangers, I predicted he'll do well, given the appropriate time and financial support from the board, and I stick by that. Good managers are largely judged by the quality of the signings they make, and how successful they prove to be, so yes it'll be interesting what players he brings in during the summer, and so I'll be following that situation with great interest.

Whatever happens, let's hope you guys (and Aberdeen) can give us a much better challenge next season!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Speaking to Pedro, he said he used to be a crazy guy, but age has mellowed him. Cross him though and you will find crazy Pedro damn quick. . He has, i believe the evil eye when annoyed I,d rather the manager show the correct way to behave...in public anyway. Running about or sulking wont do any good. You go into dressingroom and break bones. Just my take.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes, but I'm talking about having a steely determination, and fire in your belly, not going around the place sulking... There is a difference!

Given some of the, shall we say, 'dourly determined' characters Rangers have had as managers in the past, such as hugely successful joint treble-winners, Smith and Advocaat, I just think that Pedro should be mindful of not being too 'cheery' when he's just lost a rather important game, and in that respect take a leaf or two out of the books of those past managers.

Anyway, maybe next season he'll be too used to winning, so will have every reason to smile!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but I'm talking about having a steely determination, and fire in your belly, not going around the place sulking... There is a difference!

Given some of the, shall we say, 'dourly determined' characters Rangers have had as managers in the past, such as hugely successful joint treble-winners, Smith and Advocaat, I just think that Pedro should be mindful of not being too 'cheery' when he's just lost a rather important game, and in that respect take a leaf or two out of the books of those past managers.

Anyway, maybe next season he'll be too used to winning, so will have every reason to smile!

Marco.
    If nothing else we will find out if Pedro is a quick learner when we do it all again next weekend

I'm Grant.

I see Joey Barton has been given an 18 month ban for gambling on games by English league. As much as I think its wrong, he does have a major problem which caused this over the years, and the FA and his clubs perhaps should have helped him more. The sentence effectively ends his career and imo is excessive.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

A very sad end, if this is the way it is going to end(he is going to appeal). I must say he has been absolutely fantastic for us, player of the season last year and somewhat surprisingly a paragon of virtue too, betting aside! I agree that the ban seems unfairly harsh and I suspect without president in British football. I don't think we will have heard the last of him though!

I'm Grant.

Rangers side just capitulated period. these are very poor footballers and al need replacing. they are league 1 at best. MANAGER NEEDS FUNDS, BUT HIS PLAN AGAIN WAS EITHER NOT FOLLOWED OR IT WAS MINCE.
    Over and out for season
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast