+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm Grant.

Ive never got a wifi dingle to work ever. if your on rpi3 it has its own I think. Happy enough with the cable at moment as its situated close to the router anyway. I did kinda think of moving system elsewhere but it would cause too many problems and I aint really well enough to be bothered now quite frankly. But as I said it does sound better I think and is not just a placebo.. still to get a good listen, so I can try bit perfect 16 44, but at top upscale its deffo the biz. You using it downstairs with the new cinema gear then?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, running it through the Sony AV amp (in 'pure direct' sound mode) with the Paul Hynes PSU. and it sounds great. Didn't want any ugly cables going from the hall (where the router is) to the lounge, where the RPi resides, so running it wirelessly was the answer.

I can detect no degradation in sound quality from a wired connection, or indeed in terms of the stability of the streaming

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Great result for Rangers today at Ibrox! Is this them having turned the corner, I wonder, and so should we be welcoming a title challenge now?

We won a seven-goal thriller at Fir Park, coming back from two-nil down!

Kolo Toure's a liability in defence right now, and clearly off the pace.... We're not solid defensively without Sviatchenko in the back four, who was unfortunately ill today. Credit to Motherwell, however, who were excellent and really pressed us hard, well in the first half anyway. In the second half it was a different ball game.

Winning that sort of match though, not being at your best but having that never-say-die attitude and guile to produce a winner in the 90th minute, is the mark of champions. Credit goes to the team's fitness, too!

Good result for Chelsea (only for Chelsea fans, though) against Man City. Chris will be very disappointed, especially being at home and 1-0 up.... I'll be supporting Liverpool tomorrow, watching the game for the first time in UHD!

Everton vs. Man Utd should also be good.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Forgot it was Saturday....again Yes, just had a quick read.. seems an even match throughout and Gers sneaking it. Nearly 2-0 too. a bit of a bad tempered end as is usual and 2 players off after the 90. If we classify its all about results, the its good 3 pts and move on. Dons are a good side.
    They dont carry the same "big" threat that hearts do so perhaps easier to manage
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

There's always aggro between Aberdeen and Rangers supporters. I honestly think the hatred there is worse these days than with Celtic and Rangers... Still, a great 3 points for the Gers, and for me, their first 'serious' win of the season. The key will be whether they can build on it and follow up with a win in their next match - and then there's the big one the following week at Ibrox...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    There's always aggro between Aberdeen and Rangers supporters. I honestly think the hatred there is worse these days than with Celtic and Rangers... Still, a great 3 points for the Gers, and for me, their first 'serious' win of the season. The key will be whether they can build on it and follow up with a win in their next match - and then there's the big one the following week at Ibrox...

Marco.
    Only seen the goals so far, over 25 years since Aberdeen won at at Ibrox

Liked the passing move with the second goal, which was nicely finished off by Hodson

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Liked the passing move with the second goal, which was nicely finished off by Hodson

Marco.
    Agree well worked and taken goal

Cool CL: Manchester City vs. Celtic

THE BIG MATCH: how will it go?

This match is 'meaningless' for Celtic, insofar as qualification for the last 16 of the Champions League. No matter the result tonight, we're out, so in that respect the pressure is off and that should help the players relax and enjoy the occasion.

However, there's still pride to play for, and of course Man City will most certainly want to win and cement their second-placed position...

The thing for me that makes these games special, and usually elevates the players to perform at their highest level, is the 'Battle of Britain' factor, which is what made the first encounter special between the two teams at Celtic Park. I'm expecting this one to be the same - a cracker!

Undoubtedly, if Man City play to their full potential, then Celtic could be on the end of a hiding, so we'll need all our players to be on top form tonight to take anything away from the Etihad.

Let's hope we're in for a great match, and may the best team win!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

City are likely to play a few fringe players in this so that may help Celtic's cause; but also if they want to show what they can do, it may do the opposite. Time will tell. G Luck anyways, and hope at least its entertaining
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast