+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cheers, mate

Is that including all the ones those dodgy refs helped you win?

Wot - the 249th jobby you've dropped down the pan this year, lol?

Hope you're feeling a bit better today, btw.

Marco.
    cheers, and slightly. Enjoyed a few trophies of late tbh. Gers still struggling tbh, and my info is they wont now be spending as planned because David thinks they are doing so well..(ie he thinks he can get away with it and has adopted the old Celtic biscuit tin mentality) so be it, but its a mistake if it comes to pass.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Nothing more to be said the better team won.

I'm Grant.

as expected . way to big and strong for us.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sorry, who are you talking about, Celtic?

Ah, I see now, the Hearts game with Rangers. Forgot it was on. You guys have a habit of just 'announcing' stuff on the thread, with no introduction, and expecting folks to know what you're on about!

Anyway, it's teams like Hearts you'll have to beat if you want to finish second..... And besides, when we win all our games in hand the league will effectively be over!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

A performance like that deserves no introduction tbh. Piss poor and should have been many more in fairness.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Sorry, who are you talking about, Celtic?

Ah, I see now, the Hearts game with Rangers. Forgot it was on. You guys have a habit of just 'announcing' stuff on the thread, with no introduction, and expecting folks to know what you're on about!

Anyway, it's teams like Hearts you'll have to beat if you want to finish second..... And besides, when we win all our games in hand the league will effectively be over!!

Marco.
    Sorry Marco, the only game in Scotland and on bt sport, I know you are not interested in games between the also rans.
    Tatically very poor by Warbs and not for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A performance like that deserves no introduction tbh. Piss poor and should have been many more in fairness.
    Lol.... I was too busy listening to music on the new RPi I've installed in conjunction with the home-cinema system, along with the latest version of Moode (Release: 3.0 2016-11-27). Have you got it? There's an advanced Linux Kernel in the system settings that really does improve sound quality!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Sorry Marco, the only game in Scotland and on bt sport, I know you are not interested in games between the also rans.
    Tatically very poor by Warbs and not for the first time
    If I'd remembered, I'd have watched it. Hearts are a good team, though. They gave us a very hard game at Tynecastle in the first match of the season. We've got a bit better since then, though.

Consistency is what Rangers lack, and also when they're winning games, it's always the hard way, either coming back from a goal down or scoring a goal to win in the dying minutes! They seem to have lost the ability to 'cuff' teams like they once had...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Lol.... I was too busy listening to music on the new RPi I've installed in conjunction with the home-cinema system, along with the latest version of Moode. Have you got it? There's an advanced Linux Kernel in the system settings that really does improve sound quality!

Marco.
    Yup, ive got moode 3 with advanced kernel installed. sounds very good to me. ust the same old rpi though.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Nice one

I'm also using the RPi wirelessly here, without a network cable connected from the router, as would be normal. Sounds great and works seamlessly

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast