+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Which 4 are you referring to - care to make a top 4 prediction for the end of the season?
    Ahem....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Oh, celtic hearts dons and rangers and st johnstone will likely contest top 4. At this stage its difficult to know for sure but they are best sides for me. Much will depend as to who will be where etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol... Go on, stick yer neck out and give me your FINAL top 5. I'll go with:

1. Celtic

2. Hearts

3. Rangers

4. Aberdeen

5. St Johnstone.

However, Rangers will need to improve significantly, from where they are now, to finish in that position, and that means strengthening their squad by signing a top-class centre half and striker - someone capable of scoring at least 25-30 goals between now and the end of the season.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Theyve got some very good young players actually, but central defence is weak still. Need a quick reading player in there if they are ti persevere with those fullbacks, who canny defend when they are up the other end lol. Another striker was always a priority as Waghorn cant do it all, and more so if its a bad hamstring injury.
    Cant say who will be where at moment but would think your picks not far away... Fancy Dons or Gers to be closest at end of day. A lot will ride on Celtic getting into and doing well in Europe, as that could detract from their season, league wise. Dont agree re the Celtic players, and would any get into the Rangers team
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Theyve got some very good young players actually, but central defence is weak still. Need a quick reading player in there if they are ti persevere with those fullbacks, who canny defend when they are up the other end lol. Another striker was always a priority as Waghorn cant do it all, and more so if its a bad hamstring injury.
    Indeed, but is Waghorn really Rangers class? Come on, compare him with some of the strikers Rangers have had in past - McCoist, Hateley, etc? Tore André Flo... Lol....

A lot will ride on Celtic getting into and doing well in Europe, as that could detract from their season, league wise.
    I agree, but TBH, while Celtic are in Europe, they've probably got a big enough squad now, with the requisite quality, to play two teams: one in Europe and one in the SPL, thereby ensuring that neither group of players gets too tired, reverting to one main team again, when/if they eventually go out - and let's remember that they're now guaranteed of European football (minimum Europa league) until December...

Brendan Rodgers was regularly fielding two starting elevens, one in each half, during our pre-season matches, which worked well, and from what I saw there, either eleven would be good enough to hold their own in the SPL and act as a short-term back up, while the strongest team played in Europe. Even if they lost a few league points doing that, I'd be confident that they could recoup them later, once European football was no longer a distraction.

Failing that, I can see BR resting his main players for SPL games, certainly if Celtic get to the CL group stages, being reasonably confident that whoever comes in would be capable of doing a job in the league, so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on Celtic's European exploits overly harming their title credentials.

Dont agree re the Celtic players, and would any get into the Rangers team
    Lol - are you being serious? So who in the current Rangers first team do you think would get into the Celtic first team? Tavernier, IMO, is the only one that would have a hope, but I don't see him as overall better than Lustig, who's a full Swedish international.

And sorry, I see Joey B as a bit of a clown, and Kranjčar as a class act, but perhaps not best suited to Scottish football. However, I'll certainly be following the progress of both with interest.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Like audio, its all opinions.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Indeed

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Utd have finally completed the protracted signing of Paul Pogba for £89 mil. Silly money for sure, and again shows the gulf, cross border football finances have attained.
    As for his ability to help Utd win the league, well it going to make things interesting. City have brought in some good players and Leicester, the champs, have not been weakened, so wouldnt be surprised to see those 3 being the top dogs. Liverpool will have a big say too, and a chance I guess. Arsenal seem to be happy to just get top 4 again alas, but there is still time to make a statement signing, its unlikely to get them a winning mentality.

Still feel City have the best mix, but Utd are starting to look like Utd again.

Forgot to mention Chelsky. Silly me. Good manager, but after last season, when imo the players went on strike to get the manager the heave-ho, it is hard to say how they will go. With Stones now going to city, i dont see chelsea making top 4. But you never know as they have some great players so we shall see.

Might add the squad rules will of course play a part in all of this, and are quite interesting. Maybe why city have bought a few younger players.( note not sure how many are under 22) sure chris will know.
    Last edited by struth; 09-08-2016 at 10:13.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Talking of City, I just spotted this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37020275
    It looks like the Stones deal is being ironed out for announcement
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I see Joey B as a bit of a joke
    He's a lot better player than you give him credit for.
    He was massive for Burnley last season, and they offered him a contract extension for this season.
    He was obviously offered a better deal by Rangers, and you can't blame him for chasing a bigger pay cheque.

I've always admired the determination and commitment Barton displays on the field.
    He has always been a difficult opponent.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast