+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm Grant.

Often think a 0-0 draw at home is the best result in many ways. All the pressure is on them at home not to lose a goal.this can be so strong that you often get one and they leave the door open trying to get 2 back, and you just pick them off
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Often think a 0-0 draw at home is the best result in many ways. All the pressure is on them at home not to lose a goal.this can be so strong that you often get one and they leave the door open trying to get 2 back, and you just pick them off
    Indeed, and I've seen that happen so often to teams at home, including us! However, to do that job properly, you need to carry a real goal threat away from home - and make it count...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Steaua Bucharest.
    Cool. These games are never easy, but I think you'll comfortably progress from that one. Good luck, anyway

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Thumbs up Brendan gets us off to a flier!

Well pleased with the results in the SPL this weekend!

We beat Hearts today 1-2, with a superb winner from our new £5m signing from Aston Villa, Scott Sinclair, whilst both Rangers and Aberdeen drew their games. Hearts played well, and were arguably the better side overall, although they were awarded a penalty that never was, which they promptly scored

Still, it's a sign of champions when you're not at your best but still win. It's also obvious even this early on that Kolo Toure is a class act.

He just strolls through games, hardly breaking sweat, and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He's going to add some much needed solidity to our defence this season. With him in the side and Sviatchenko, Boyata and Simunovic all imminently coming back from injury, and the likes of young Tierney and O'Donnell doing well, I can't see us losing many goals this season, certainly in the SPL.

And with Dembele, Forrest, Griffiths, Roberts and now Sinclair, in the side (amongst others), the amount of pace in the team is frightening.... When they all settle into the team and start to click, we will definitely be worrying a few defences this season!

Marco.
    Main System

Nothing to say, Granty me old son? Normally you comment on discussions like this

Or are you in a bad mood because Rangers dropped two points?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Not really been watching the news and only saw that result a few mins ago mate. Good win in an even game it seems and away too, PLUS a goal for your newstart lol. My Villa mate Larry, is less than pleased he was allowed to leave. Gers will take some time to acclimatise, of that there is no doubt. Playing against packed defenses and better orginised sides needs the key.... also needs a good, wide awake defense, which they do not have at the moment... that Hill guy seems to be a car crash as far as I can see lol...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Also see Utd won the Shield with Ibrahimivich scoring the winner. Though Jesse Lingard s goal was good enough to be goal of the season. superb feet. Thought the Japanese Striker for Leicester, Shinji Okazaki was very promising too this season. if he keeps that up he and Vardy will be a handful. Not sure Leic didnt deserve more on what I saw
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

No worries, matey. Larry must consider Sinclair to be a good player then? I must confess to knowing little about him. Perhaps Chris could offer an opinion on him from his time at City?

Based on what I saw today, however, I think he'll do well for us.

The Rangers thing is interesting.... I fully expect them to get better as the season progresses and be up there towards the top of the table, but the Scottish media seem to be convinced that Rangers will automatically be Celtic's biggest challengers for the title this season, and I think that's a bit off and also somewhat of an insult to the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen, who IMO right now are much better than Rangers, never mind Celtic.

They also thought it was a 'shock' that Hamilton got a draw at Ibrox - a team who went to Celtic Park last season and won, defeating a Celtic side then that man for man was streets ahead of the current Rangers team... So no 'shock' for me at all. Hamilton are well established in the SPL, Rangers aren't yet.

I mean, here's a thing: can you think of any other time in history, for example, when not ONE current Rangers player would get into the Celtic first team? And probably not even into their second team! I don't mean to be disrespectful or nasty to any Rangers supporters; I'm simply stating facts.

The trouble is, the media are treating this current Rangers team the same as the 'old Rangers', you know the one who had players of the calibre of Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laudrup in their starting line up?

Well, sadly (and I do mean that), the 'old Rangers' is long gone, and may never return, as Rangers now simply don't have that kind of money to spend, so they should be judged accordingly, as a recently promoted side from the lower leagues, because let's not forget that's where they've been playing their football for the last four years, instead of being touted as automatic SPL title contenders in the first season they've been promoted from the Championship, which let's not forget either, took them two seasons to win!

Therefore, as you correctly say, Rangers will take some time to acclimatise to a much higher standard of football in the SPL, particularly when facing defences that are much better organised than those found in teams from the lower divisions. In that respect, unless the main man at Ibrox releases millions of pounds for Warburton to spend this season on quality players (whom incidentally I think is a great manager and working miracles with what he's got), there's simply no way that the current Rangers squad is good enough to challenge Celtic for the title.

Perhaps next year it might be different, if significant investment is made on players. However, right now, aside from Rangers having the ability to beat Celtic in a one-off old firm match, or cup game, they are not, IMO, capable of competing with Celtic at the same level over the course of a season - and if Celtic get into the CL group stages, and pocket, what, £25m from doing so, to further strengthen the team - the gap between the clubs will grow from huge to veritably chasm-like...

Perhaps there's a big money investor, waiting on the wings, ready to plough millions of pounds into Ibrox (and clear their significant debt), to transform the team? I would welcome that, as a strong Rangers can only make Celtic stronger too, but I doubt that will happen. It's the only way, however, for me, that the glory days will ever return to Ibrox.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Dont think the millions will ever happen in near future, nor do I want it to personally. I'd rather they bring young hungry players in, but thats just me. Hamilton should have been beaten and it was a fairly poor performance up front with only 4 of their 20 shots on target. Losing a cheap goal too is typical but they will have to learn, and thats the best way. As to top 4, I would expect those 4 to accomodate the places come end of season.
    Larry reckoned he was piss poor under last manager but felt the new one(RDM) would have got the best out of him and Ciaran Clark who he really thinks a lot of.
    Di Matteo obviously didnt think enough of them to keep. Often horses for courses. Trouble Celtic have is too many players in squad. it is always detrimental to harmony.... and expensive tboot
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Dont think the millions will ever happen in near future, nor do I want it to personally. I'd rather they bring young hungry players in, but thats just me.
    Always the best way, but is that actually happening at Ibrox - who are the current young 'wonder stars' coming through the Murray Park academy? I don't see many...

As I've said, I'd love things to return to the good old days, when both teams were full of top-class international players and doing well in Europe, and where the title used to go down to the wire, but it largely takes big money to achieve that these days, and big money Rangers don't have.

Hamilton should have been beaten and it was a fairly poor performance up front with only 4 of their 20 shots on target. Losing a cheap goal too is typical but they will have to learn, and thats the best way. As to top 4, I would expect those 4 to accomodate the places come end of season.
    Which 4 are you referring to - care to make a top 4 prediction for the end of the season?

I agree that Rangers should've won, especially as they were the home side, but it's the *automatic presumption* in the Scottish media that Rangers would win, simply because they were 'Rangers' that I'm disputing. Rangers have to realise that they're effectively starting from scratch, and so will have to work hard to EARN that type of reputation again.

I'm afraid that those are the cold hard facts. I had that argument with Derek Johnstone and Hugh Keevins, on the Clyde 1 Superscoreboard phone-in on Saturday!

Larry reckoned he was piss poor under last manager but felt the new one(RDM) would have got the best out of him and Ciaran Clark who he really thinks a lot of.
    Ah, I see... Interesting

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast