+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Draw? You won!

Under the circumstances, with the pressure the team were under in a tricky tie, it was a good win. If Morton had taken their chances though, the result could've been very different...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Draw? You won!

Under the circumstances, with the pressure the team were under in a tricky tie, it was a good win. If Morton had taken their chances though, the result could've been very different...

Marco.
    matter of opinion. was a pitiful performance imv. They need someone to boot them up ass I reckon, and hug them when they cry ... any chance of borrowing your guy for 6 months
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    matter of opinion. was a pitiful performance imv. They need someone to boot them up ass I reckon, and hug them when they cry ... any chance of borrowing your guy for 6 months
    With those players 6 months will not be enough

What did you make of Alex McLeish being interested in taking the manager's job? I think that would be a good move, and just the right man for the job. He's a Rangers man, knows the club inside out and very good at his job.

He's also used to working on a limited budget, as he did when he was last there and achieved success.

Either that, or bring back the good old days, and go for a 'dream team' of Paul Le Guen and Barry Ferguson!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

He would get a reaction. Not sure what though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    He would get a reaction. Not sure what though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't think he is right choice at the moment

Who would you go for then, Robin?

I hear they're talking about Frank de Boer..... I'm not sure any of the top managers would take the Ibrox job, with the club in its current financial position. For starters, what kind of wage would De Boer want? In terms of signing players he'd also want access to some decent wonga. And would the directors risk getting into even more debt and pay the penalty again, as they did after the Advocaat era?

If so, this time it could bury the club for good!

At least McLeish is a Rangers man, through and through, and would galvanise the team and get the best out of a bad lot, whilst hopefully making some decent (affordable) signings - an area where I felt Warburton failed pretty miserably. Catching Celtic, if that's the goal, isn't something that's going to happen overnight [far from it] - or necessarily be solved by chucking money away Rangers don't have, especially without any currently coming in from Champions League football.

If not McLeish, then Tommy Wright would get my vote, as he's achieved miracles with St Johnstone and I think would be well capable of taking Rangers to where they need to be right now, before they could realistically tempt someone like De Boer.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Would go for Tommy i think as he,s made of the wright stuff mckinnes has done well too on a budget, as did neilson when at hearts. So i think thats whats needed at moment. De boer is fantasy imo. Reality is they all cost money, so it,ll likely be someone on a free, like mcleish
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

I doubt very much we will be able to afford Frank De Boer, the club have announced that they are also going to bring in a Director of Football, so it looks like a new structure.
    Not sure who my choice would be but there needs to be a plan, and a plan A and Plan B is doing Plan A better.

I'm Grant.

Still think Murty might be given a few games and see how he goes... but we will see..

On a Wenger note, Arsenal got well and truly humped 5-1 by Munich.... really has to be his last fling now there is, or should not be any coming back from this for him. Sad, and he has been a good servant, but been there too long.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast