+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Any views on post #809, Chris?

Granty, what about some input from you...? You're normally all over this thread like a rash!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

On the Pat Roberts thing?
    I'm looking forward to seeing him back. If you go back 18 months you'll remember me telling you he's a very promising player.
    Whether or not Guardiola thinks he's got what it takes to be in a Guardiola team is not something I'd declare anything on.
    He's made some very strange decisions has Guardiola.

That said, I see Pat Roberts as a natural successor to David Silva.
    Silva has been excellent this season, but as each season passes the inevitable gets closer.
    Maybe Guardiola is taking a similar view. Who knows?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cheers, Chris. Yup, unbeaten all season is a superb achievement. It's not easy either, even though the standard in the Scottish Premiership isn't anything like as high as in the English one, because when you're Celtic, other teams treat playing you as their cup final, and so are desperate to beat you - and EVERY match is like that, so you always have to be at the top of your game.

Therefore, mental toughness, as well as ability, is the key... Aberdeen, in a one-off game, could still beat us next week in the Scottish cup final, but the truth is we're operating now at a totally different level to any other team in Scotland, and that's set to remain for the foreseeable future.

However, there's no way Celtic will go next season unbeaten *if* Brendan Rodgers achieves his target of getting the team to the last 16 of the Champions League, because that will take its toll. The early exit from the group stages this season was one of the reasons we could focus so much on the league.

Anyway, could you have a word with Pep and ask him either if we can have Patrick Roberts on loan for another season, or if we can sign him, lol?

He's been absolutely outstanding for us all season, and getting better all the time, particularly in the last few games where he's really showed his class. If he goes back to City, do you feel he's got a realistic chance of getting into their first team?

For me, retaining the services of both him and Dembele will be absolutely crucial to Celtic's chances in Europe.

I'm reasonably confident about Dembele, as I think he'll want to stay and have another go at the CL, which he probably wouldn't get at any other team he'd sign for now, plus he'll want to be a part of Brendan Rodgers building something special at Celtic for at least another season - and if he shines in the CL qualifiers (and CL proper), just think what he could be worth then, probably £45-50 million (for a player who cost us only £500k)....

That would be my ideal scenario, and then after selling him the following year for that type of money, most likely to one of the bigger teams in the EPL, that would be a tremendous cash injection for the club to invest in more top-class players, which would both keep us at the top of the pile in Scotland, and maintain our challenge in Europe.

Anyway, no doubt that, regardless of that, BR will be adding some real quality to the squad in the summer, so I'm really looking forward to next season. Who knows our teams might meet again in the CL?

Marco.
    next season will be an interesting one on many levels I think/ Hard to say how it will pan out yet but if Celtic continue in the same form then they should be hard to beat over a season. No guarantee that will happen of course, but it wouldnt surprise me. Much will depend of who comes in across the road.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

No congrats from the Rangers fans? Come on Granty and co!

Marco.
    indeed.. well done to them. Worthy winners. hopefully next season will be different
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I'm saying nothing about next season until we see if there are any decent signings. Although it's clear when it comes to tactics The Celtic manager has the edge.
    heard a few names being bandied, some I'd be happy to have; others less so. Jury is still out on Pedro as its not his team
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    On the Pat Roberts thing?
    I'm looking forward to seeing him back. If you go back 18 months you'll remember me telling you he's a very promising player.
    Whether or not Guardiola thinks he's got what it takes to be in a Guardiola team is not something I'd declare anything on.
    He's made some very strange decisions has Guardiola.

That said, I see Pat Roberts as a natural successor to David Silva.
    Silva has been excellent this season, but as each season passes the inevitable gets closer.
    Maybe Guardiola is taking a similar view. Who knows?
    Yeah, you could be right. We've got James Forrest, who's a similar type of player, and on his day excellent, but at the moment Roberts is different class. If Pep does decide to give him a run in the team, then I think he'll reap the rewards, as will indeed the team, and Patrick will turn into one of the best players in the EPL, if not also in Europe. Trust me, he is *that* good!

However, aside from what Pep wants, it'll also ultimately come down to what Patrick himself wants, as it's all very well being seen as the natural successor to Silva, but if he's not getting a regular game and just warming his bum on the bench at City, or worse playing with the reserves, then he'll not be happy, and it would be a far cry from what he'd have been doing instead next season, had he stayed at Celtic!

Time will tell, so we'll see what happens

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Yeah, you could be right. We've got James Forrest, who's a similar type of player, and on his day excellent, but at the moment Roberts is different class. If Pep does decide to give him a run in the team, then I think he'll reap the rewards, as will indeed the team, and Patrick will turn into one of the best players in the EPL, if not also in Europe. Trust me, he is *that* good!

However, aside from what Pep wants, it'll also ultimately come down to what Patrick himself wants, as it's all very well being seen as the natural successor to Silva, but if he's not getting a regular game and just warming his bum on the bench at City, or worse playing with the reserves, then he'll not be happy, and it would be a far cry from what he'd have been doing instead next season, had he stayed at Celtic!

Time will tell, so we'll see what happens

Marco.
    did he play v city in the 2 games Marco?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    indeed.. well done to them. Worthy winners. hopefully next season will be different
    Yes, we *need* a proper challenge! I think Hibs coming up (with Neil Lennon at the helm) will make things rather 'interesting' next season, especially in the games against Celtic and Rangers. I hope Dundee Utd join them too, as they deserve to be in the SPL. Not sad to see Inverness Caley go down, though...

Marco.
    Main System

did he play v city in the 2 games Marco?
    He did indeed, and scored at the Etihad, in the 1-1 draw (a game, much like the one at Celtic Park, we were unlucky not to win)

Marco.
    Main System

heard a few names being bandied, some I'd be happy to have; others less so. Jury is still out on Pedro as its not his team
    What do you think about my suggestions for where Rangers need to strengthen for next season?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast