+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2016/17 ..How's your team doing?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, we *need* a proper challenge! I think Hibs coming up (with Neil Lennon at the helm) will make things rather 'interesting' next season, especially in the games against Celtic and Rangers. I hope Dundee Utd join them too, as they deserve to be in the SPL. Not sad to see Inverness Caley go down, though...

Marco.
    dont see utd getting there. Hamilton are a better side imo. Still think a rejuggle of British footy is overdue. It will happen one day but probably not in near future.Hibs will need to readjust to a different league and much will depend on how quickly they do that. Its not easy for a side with little money
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

What do you think about my suggestions for where Rangers need to strengthen?

Marco.
    must have missed that. TBH they need to strengthen pretty much everywhere. much depends on who goes and if we can get them out. certainly need some good midfielders and full backs, plus central defenders and wingers; plus maybe some strikers too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

He did indeed, and scored at the Etihad, in the 1-1 draw (a game, much like the one at Celtic Park, we were unlucky not to win)

Marco.
    change that, Im getting mixed up with tierney.. doh. (I might add I like him) no, Roberts is an attacking mid. yes no chance of him staying with celtic alas for you. will achieve silly money, unless City go for a part exchange for Dembele
    Last edited by struth; 22-05-2017 at 09:20.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I take your point about Hamilton, but Dundee Utd are a bigger club and traditionally more used to playing consistently in the top league. We'll see what happens in the final playoff, and may the best team win!

I think you're underestimating Hibs, especially the influence of the NL factor, and how tactically astute he is and can get the most out of his players. After BR, in terms of current CVs, Lennon is certainly the best manager in the SPL, as when he was at Celtic, he guided them to the last 16 of the Champions League, beating Barcelona in the process!

Let's see who Hibs sign in the summer, and what kind of quality their squad has, by the time next season starts (Kris Commons will almost certainly be a part of it, I think, as will Anthony Stokes), so there's two quality ex-Celtic players, with goals in them, whom I'm sure will make a big contribution to the success of Hibs next season, which is why I predict them to finish in the top four

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    suppose then next question is does City manager play a overlapping full back. guess also plays as a wide mid. If the answer is yes then he will be in their side as he is a good player. If not then will be sold while he has value, and might be out of celtic's price range
    Sure, but trust me, Celtic could afford him, and would push the boat out if necessary to secure the services of such a tried and tested player. Plus, he absolutely loves playing for Celtic, and has a wonderful rapport with the fans, the likes of which I've not seen since Henrik Larsson was there!

Honestly, *if* Guardiola decides that Roberts is surplus to requirements, and wants to sell him while he still has value, Celtic will be favourites to sign him. My gut feeling though, is that he'll be staying at City.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    change that, Im getting mixed up with tierney.. doh. (I might add I like him) no, Roberts is an attacking mid. yes no chance of him staying with celtic alas for you. will achieve silly money, unless City go for a part exchange for Dembele
    Sorry mate, I disagree... He cost City £13m, from Fulham (in 2015), and I doubt he'll have gone up more in value since, simply from playing in the SPL (Celtic's relatively short CL campaign this season aside), so I reckon that if Guardiola was willing to let Roberts go, Celtic would get him for nearer the £8m mark, which given the Champions League money earned this season, they certainly could afford!

However, the Dembele angle you mention is interesting, and I wouldn't be averse to that, in order to retain the services of Roberts, as long as what was left from his transfer fee went on a top-notch replacement. Tierney came through the youth academy at Celtic, but since you've brought him up, would also be worth a fair bit of dosh, as he's now a full Scotland International.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Wages are the big bugbear if a prem side wants him then the silly wages they offer will scupper most things to most people. you giving him 30k and a side saying 80k its gotta turn a boys head. thats how we lost gilmour. Chelsea offered him a huge wage for a 16 yr old, just on the chance he makes it.
    hope you do though
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah I agree, but the difference is Roberts loves playing for Celtic (and in front of 60,000 fans at every home game), with the potential next season of having a real crack at the Champions League, and winning some virtually guaranteed domestic trophies, so where else is he likely to get that on a regular basis, and also at such a crucial stage of his career?

Earning big money is one thing (and if he should sign for Celtic, he won't exactly be a pauper - they're already paying his wages for City), but means little in the long term if you're not playing regular first-team football. In any case, I don't think he's that kind of lad (driven purely by money).

That's why I'm absolutely certain that *if* Guardiola should let him go (which unfortunately right now I doubt), Celtic will be the overwhelming favourites to land his signature

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Nice one. For me, with Jose at the helm (who has a superb record in Europe), the result was never in doubt. He did the same with Porto (at Celtic's expense) in 2003, which was a far greater achievement, and it subsequently launched him into the big time.

I'm pleased with the result, not only because Utd are my third team (after Celtic and Liverpool), but because the Champions League needs teams like Man Utd!

I have a hunch that Celtic will face them at some point next season....

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast