+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking For Seriously Good Cheap/Reasonably Priced Speaker Cable

I'm winston.

Default Looking For Seriously Good Cheap/Reasonably Priced Speaker Cable

Hi All,

I have a Cyrus 2 and PSX , a Cambridge Audio Streammagic v2 and IMF TLS50 speakers.

I had 3 sets of interconnects and my system can easily resolve the differences between them.

1 Cambridge Audio Reference... Dull Dull Dull, they sound as though they were designed to mitigate the sins of early cd players and mask the harshness.
    2 Linn Black (thin old ones) ... Thought they were okay but have since found are missing a lot of detail.
    3 Goldring... Now my system is sorted , when I swapped these back in (had them for years) couldn't believe the level detail coming through but they sounded a little grainy and splashy .

This got me thinking that maybe I can have the Goldring's detail and loose the roughness, anyway for £35 I thought I'd give the Chord C lines a try.
    Horrible looking compared to all my other interconnects but the sound is fantastic , as i hoped all the detail of the Goldring's but lovely focus and clarity , an absolute bargain and highly recommended!!

So on to the speaker cable, I'm using a Linn K20 look-alike (un branded), very pleased with them although the only other cable I have heard on my system is QED Silver anniversary which just sounds fine in isolation but really boxed in by comparison.

As my final system tweak I'm looking for a speaker cable that can further add to the Chord C Line's improvements without spending silly money.
    Can anyone recommended a really great cable for sensible money, to be honest I an so impressed with the Chord interconnects I'm tempted to try their's
    P:S if you have old gear and banana plugs (non gold ) , try gently cleaning the sockets with wire wool and applying dioxit gold .

Thanks in advance

I'm Geoff.

Van damme without question.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm winston.

Hi oldius,

I've read good things about the van damme Hi Fi .

It's on my list of possibles.

Thanks

I'm Grant.

The linn stuff is pretty decent at pricepoint. Ive got some of same but not linn branded.. Made by same people with their own name which i cant remember lol. Van damme blue is good although you might need the thick stuff.

Think martin (macca) has a set of those big speakers. You could drop him a pm and ask him what he was using
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I use Chord Odyssey 2 bought in a moment of madness a few years ago, which seems fine with all my speakers. My TLS 50s need recapping, though so can't really be definitive on that match.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Van damme 6mm blue should sort you out.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I use Chord Odyssey 2 bought in a moment of madness a few years ago, which seems fine with all my speakers. My TLS 50s need recapping, though so can't really be definitive on that match.

Thanks for your reply

I will give some Chord a go I think for the price.

Yes I was hoping to hear the results of your recap.Mine transformed the sound which had lost it's high frequencies and voicing.

None of my caps were split like I've seen on some forums so they appeared to be in good condition.

I'm winston.

Thanks everyone.

When I try an alternative to the stuff I have (which I do think is pretty good) I'll let you know my findings.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by winstonmalcolm View Post
    Thanks for your reply

I will give some Chord a go I think for the price.

Yes I was hoping to hear the results of your recap.Mine transformed the sound which had lost it's high frequencies and voicing.

None of my caps were split like I've seen on some forums so they appeared to be in good condition.
    Mine look fine also. Problem I have is that my mate who is doing the recap works different hours to me so very hard to find a time when we are both not working and not either sleeping or drunk . But I will report when it is finally done.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Craig.

I've had some fairly costly ic's and speaker cable in my system over the last couple of years.

Thanks to certain folk here, I'm now using Klotz ic's c£30, and Cable Talk 3.1 speaker cable c£5 a metre.

I don't miss the expensive stuff at all!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast