+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discogs my collection

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Interesting..... Had No idea such a marketplace/stock market existed.
    Will have to look see If there's anything I want in there.
    The selling area is no different to many online secondhand book websites - nothing special. There is no auctioning or price discovery, only people's adverts for music they are selling.

The same thing exists on small ads online, ebay etc etc etc just that this one is off the back of a user-generated database of as many musical releases as people can find to list.

Values are pretty hard to work out. If you look for a record, you will have a couple of chancers selling a VG+ record for £30 and then a several private sellers with the exact same record in VG+ for £4. Likely the £30 ones never sell but people will go "oh, it's worth £30 ! ".

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    No your not are you? . When youve got hundreds of records you start to forget what you have, what issue it is, what condition its in and how much it may be worth. Just a few possibles. You have a easy to manage list in pour pocket you can access anytime.
    You may be at a bootsale and woner if you have that one and find out quickly. You want to sell it then all the info etc is there whithout hunting for it ...
    I sometimes forget some of the stuff ive got as it was bought in many cases many years ago.

Anyway i am up to 130+ now... Money is mounting up too. Lol
    I've read the words and nope, I'm still not relating to why one would want that or go through the effort to get it. I can see the thing of considering your records as assets and getting some feeling from totting up what they're worth, but again that's not something I can relate to wanting to do (hifi maybe, but not music). Make a section of doubles if you end up with two of something and sell them at your leisure.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    I've read the words and nope, I'm still not relating to why one would want that or go through the effort to get it. I can see the thing of considering your records as assets and getting some feeling from totting up what they're worth, but again that's not something I can relate to wanting to do (hifi maybe, but not music). Make a section of doubles if you end up with two of something and sell them at your leisure.
    I have found it useful and saved a few quid in not buying a second copy of something. My memory is useless and just thinking about and or remembering what I have on CD is a headache
    Hardly put any of my collection on there 257 so far. One thing I have used it for is to catalogue records by one composer so I can get a handle on what I have when looking to get some more.

My collection is in three different rooms in my house most of my non classical CDs in storage boxes. Vinyl shelves hidden behind boxes TT isnt plugged in, also a couple of hundred CDs at my Mums old house in another city.

Soometimes just a good place to look at whats on a record without having to actually look at the record also some records just dont have information on them that i can read
    Like these two

https://www.discogs.com/%D0%94%D0%BC...elease/3346736

https://img.discogs.com/2XevpF7TJ7OH...817656.jpg.jpg

I'm Peter.

I'm waiting for my discount code so I can use the site without paying full price. The code gets sent to you if you complete the coupon in Record Collector book.

I'm Grant.

I dont recall paying them at all? Maybe they charge now, or maybe I did, but don't remember it.. what do they charge?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I dont recall paying them at all? Maybe they charge now, or maybe I did, but don't remember it.. what do they charge?
    Yeah, I've never paid them anything (or been asked or got any notion that it was anything but free).

I'm Paul.

There is a free discogs android app. However, it only gives you limited access to your dashboard. If you wish full dashboard access you have to pay, which I haven't. Perhaps the voucher covers this app charge?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    There is a free discogs android app. However, it only gives you limited access to your dashboard. If you wish full dashboard access you have to pay, which I haven't. Perhaps the voucher covers this app charge?
    Ive got a dashboard etc. Dont really use the app as its crap. Better using full site on ipad I find or pc. Sure I paid nowt, just signed up, although it was a number of years ago. May have charged now. I buy stuff and have got about 40% of my records done. Selling is I think 8% as fee plus 20% of fee in vat, so about 10% all told. If I did pay it would have been very minimal, or wouldnt have bothered at time, as I didnt really fancy it much at time.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Well i,m up to 160 odd catalogued now... Good when you find a gem youve not seen for some time or one thats shot up in value like bowie at santa monica... Its valued up to 85 quid ..waow. Not sure its been played more than once and was then put in a box... Alas when you have lots you oft listen to them less
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Haven't done it, probably should but at the end of the day value is a relative thing, it ebbs and flows and something is really only worth what another will pay. I have over a thousand lps, most I suspect have no massive value, a few might have, but to be honest it all smacks of too much hard work and I don't feel motivated to do it. That might change, never say never.

Wish you all the best with it Grant.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast