+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Discogs my collection

I'm Josie.

Yeah, I'll nibble my way through the box upstairs at some point. I don't have many anymore to be honest, about another 50. I sold a lot a while back as we needed the room etc.

I agree, Blues and classical LP's are crazy prices, worth much, much more IMO. I've got a lovely copy of Semprini from 1957, it's mint and only ever played by me I think. A beautiful pressing in every way... Median worth, £6.50. Bonkers.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Think its worth doing as you then have a list of what is there and its condition. Prices are a bonus. I,m up to 260 done now so not so many left now.
    Interesting to note that doo wop has died a death interest wise.. I always found it superb, and it probably defined the USA in mid century more than any other.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Just about 300 done now and only a few left... I have had to add dozens of releases or would have been finished long ago, but it will help others perhaps. Probably 25% or so have never been sold/ listed so my prices are obviously down quite a bit but its high of about £5k looks to be about it. Guess you could add 25% to that but inclined to say the missing ones will take up the slack. So happy for it to be about say 4/5 grand in total. As ive sold a few hundred its not too bad i guess.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Anyone done this on the rare record price site guide website. I got a reduction in my subscription due to buying the book

I'm Grant.

I didnt know they had a site. I used to buy the books on occasion though.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

Resurrecting an old thread as just added my collection - took around 4 days but enjoyed it.
    Still a few more to do so almost there (some 78's I have don't show...)
    Just short of 500 (feels like I had more than that) with a value of between £3k and £10k depending on the condition etc.

A few surprises in the values as I bought a Talk Talk EP for £1.50 a few years back from a second hand store and now worth between £62 and £177......... (not that I would sell - honest)
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Mike.

This is something I'll have to do, but baulk at the sheer time it'll take. Also, it's not just finding the album, but which issue/reissue and stamping info., which can affect a price (not that Discogs would help here).

Something which hasn't been mentioned is insurance. If you can catalogue (and photograph), you have a pretty good record and valuation in the event of a claim.

There's another sire, Popsike, which does similar things to Discogs, but may be less accessible for cataloguing purposes.

I'm Steve.

I did about 2000 Lps over the course of a year. Now it's just about keeping up with new purchases.

Well worth it, I can refer my insurance agent to the list, and it also stops me from buying doubles as often...

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    I did about 2000 Lps over the course of a year. Now it's just about keeping up with new purchases.

Well worth it, I can refer my insurance agent to the list, and it also stops me from buying doubles as often...
    Found I have around 5 doubles so not to bad.
    I found it therapeutic going through the albums and singles as I pulled some to one side to have another listen.
    A few years back I played every one from start to finish - took many months - and you soon realise how your musical tastes do change over the years!!
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post

Something which hasn't been mentioned is insurance. If you can catalogue (and photograph), you have a pretty good record and valuation in the event of a claim.
    To that point, taking a bunch of photos of what's in your shelves / crates is worthwhile.

In addition, as someone who has inadvertently bought duplicates, I've found it handy to be able to check the photos on my mobile when I'm a record shop and about to pull the trigger.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast