+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discogs my collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Grant.

Default Discogs my collection

Anyone done this with their whole collection... And how long did it take you

Ive decided to make a concerted effort to get my lps at least cattalogued but it is a slow job.... Only managed 40 so far.. Tis interesting to se values mind, and how many different issues there has been.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Thought about this myself Grant, just not got around to it yet.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Marc.

Yup, 497 items catalogued (just my vinyl - not bothered about CDs) I think I still need to do my comps in with it, but all original albums are in there - took me a couple of days when I was signed off sick from work. Best thing about it is now that I have a sensible way of recording what I've cleaned and when. It's also useful when you're out crate digging and want to check if you've already got something.

The search is pretty good at just straight catalogue numbers, which speeds up the process of finding the right archive.

I'm Grant.

Im quitting for day... Up to 51 so far.....long way to go but values surprising me already.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sam.

So... what are you doing with Discogs? I thought at first you were selling them on there... (I'm sure "Discogs" is not a verb? )

I'm Grant.

Just using their cattalogue to list my collection... Gives info, etc and handy for looking up etc... Can also use it for selling i guess
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

If you have an appropriately equipped smart phone, download a barscanner app and the discog app.

Then you can scan the barcode (using the app via your phone's camera), upload and paste to your collection. Of course it only applies to records pressed in the 80's and onwards.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Just using their cattalogue to list my collection... Gives info, etc and handy for looking up etc... Can also use it for selling i guess
    Doesn't it say everything on the sleeves already? I'm not getting it yet - sounds like a lot of effort for something when the records are there on the shelves. Unless you're digitising everything and filling in the things for each file?

I'm Josie.

Hi Grant.

I'm actually currently doing mine.. It's quite good, you can get stats n stuff...
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Yes it's becoming easier as I go on. Ice added a few releases too that were not in database

As for barcodes. Not so many have them but it's a good point
    I mostly put record no to start with
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast