Bought a 55 inch LG OLED flat TV.

This display tech is different in its presentation and takes a bit of getting used to. RGB plus white. That leads to a pretty goddam white white, as it were.

It is very sensitive to ambient light in a way I have never seen from any other display tech. OLED intensity level is critical depending on the current level of said light.

Being self-emissive, it does in some ways remind me of the last decent Loewe 32 inch widescreen CRT that I had and would not get rid of for 20 years. That went up in smoke as the PS broke for the second time. Sure they were built to last exactly 10 years.

4K YouTube, of which there is a plethora, looks freaking amazing. Even at a distance where, in theory, there shouldn't be a difference between that and normal HD, I'm sure I can see one. At a few feet it is just stunning how much extra detail is apparent.

Quality product no question. It will show sub-standard rubbish for what it is, though, just like a well engineered speaker. A bit Wilson, maybe. It won't flatter, but then it can amaze, which Wilson's have never done for me, so maybe not a great analogy. But not too bad a one.

To understand its qualities and vices, just like decent hi-fi components, you have to try living with one for a while. Interesting so far... maybe I'll say more after a few days extra acquaintance.