+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Satellite box connection.

I'm martin.

Default Satellite box connection.

I've acquired a nearly new sky box with a bigger memory than the current model and working lights on the front to replace my existing unit, my question is, if I want to watch things I have on the current boxes memory after the swop can I just couple it to the telly using a hdmi cable and power it up, in effect just using it as a portable hard drive.?
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Martin.

Does it have a card that slots in it? If so I'd see if you can access the menus when you have powered it up without the card in. If you can then it should be okay. If it doesn't have a card then I don't know.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Does it have a card that slots in it? If so I'd see if you can access the menus when you have powered it up without the card in. If you can then it should be okay. If it doesn't have a card then I don't know.
    No card no workie and once the full functionality of the existing card is swapped to the new machine then only free to air programs recorded on the old box can be accessed anything subscription you lose. A multi room subscription solves this.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    No card no workie and once the full functionality of the existing card is swapped to the new machine then only free to air programs recorded on the old box can be accessed anything subscription you lose. A multi room subscription solves this.
    I think that is all Martin is after doing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread