+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do I not get ANY inquiries on my classifieds?

I'm Sam.

Replies are not important - most replies I read are from people expressing how they like them but aren't interested in buying or how they are interested but can't afford them at the moment..

What is important are private messages expressing real interest and it only needs the one for a sale! You'll get more PMs if you're up for people making offers. I see of your recent classifies you sold the Kef model 3s, withdrew the sale of the Marantz amp and only listed two things today - i.e the one thing for sale before today sold fine!

Your recent ad for the older Kefs says they may not be for sale in 24 hours... that will put anyone off who can't buy this second and also anyone looking at them tomorrow who might well assume they're no longer for sale and might indicate you'll change your mind mid-negotiation.

I agree also that it is the way of things today. Not because people aren't buying stuff but because people buy on ebay so much more and that audience is vast compared to small, friendly forums of people who likely already have a hifi, if not several.

I'm Andrew.

Cheers Dan

I'm Mike.

As people have said, the forum isn't a particularly high traffic forum, regulars often have a system or four stashed away and look for very particular types of equipment when they are looking to buy.

You would be far better off with the ebays of this world, although they present their own problems, or a lot higher traffic, more broad church hi-Fi specific site like the wam, hifi for sale etc.

Horses for courses as they say.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Andr'e.

High priced second hand goods are tricky to sell because money is not in abundance these days & you will find that people laying money out will generally be via their credit card because their is no other way of affording such things.So its either New or a dealer.

I'm Neil.

166 views Andrew so far. On several items I have listed I have had well over a thousand looks, and no takers. Desirability be it based on real quality or due to brainwashing/sheep mentality will see some items sell quickly and other great items due to lack of profile or desirability languish.

That is just the way it works, such is life.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Took 6 months and 2 ads to sell my tt.. And it was a bargain.... I think most here also have their main gear sorted and only a few are interested in new to them higher end stuff.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

People buy with their hearts not their heads and selling is all about painting a picture in their mind.

Is what they taught us when I worked in sales and it is true IME.

Several good quality pictures always helps a lot, a smattering of flowery prose - not too much! - links to reviews, short quotes from reviews, and so forth all help to paint the picture.

Also be in mind that if you are insisting on collection only then the buyer must factor fuel and time into his equation. Some hi-fi you just don't want to ship by courier which is understandable, but if you are not prepared to do that look at asking a significantly lesser amount for the item than a seller who is happy to ship it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Clive.

Summer is not the time to sell, it's the time to buy. Winter is a far better time to sell.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Mike.

Replies to my ads vary considerably

You need the wind to be in the right direction

TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Andrew.

People expect the earth and expect to pay nothing for it. I only sell things to fund other hifi projects and quite often at a loss, such is this hobby called hifi.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast