+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A journey to the origins of my family

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Werner.

Default A journey to the origins of my family

Part 1: A few impressions from a three weeks/672 miles journey via bicycle to the origins of my family near the borders between Austria and the Czech Republic (my mother’s family) and Hungary (my father’s family):

Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Werner.

Part 2: A few impressions from a three weeks/672 miles journey via bicycle to the origins of my family near the borders between Austria and the Czech Republic (my mother’s family) and Hungary (my father’s family):

Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Werner.

Part 3: A few impressions from a three weeks/672 miles journey via bicycle to the origins of my family near the borders between Austria and the Czech Republic (my mother’s family) and Hungary (my father’s family):

I'm Werner.

Part 4: A few impressions from a three weeks/672 miles journey via bicycle to the origins of my family near the borders between Austria and the Czech Republic (my mother’s family) and Hungary (my father’s family):

I'm Werner.

Last part: A few impressions from a three weeks/672 miles journey via bicycle to the origins of my family near the borders between Austria and the Czech Republic (my mother’s family) and Hungary (my father’s family):

My mother died at the age of 70 back in 1998, my father in 2014. He was nearly 82 years old.

The whole album titled “Unterwegs/On the road” (currently 324 photos) is available here, unfortunately in reverse chronological order when viewed with a desktop browser:
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0g532ODWJEZCh6

One important thing for me is that I was able to control the pace of the journey. Most of my (visual) memories of the landscapes and neighborhoods originated from 50 years ago, from a child’s perspective on the back seat of my parent’s car. I don’t own a driver’s license, I don’t like cars. In my opinion nothing compares to walking or using a bicycle when attempting to get in touch with a landscape or a urban area, to experience and develop an awareness of the distance.

The image descriptions are available in German only. Sorry for the image quality; the pictures were taken with an ancient Apple iPhone 4. Thank you for watching and your patience ;-)
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 08-06-2016 at 06:58.

I'm Brian.

Beautiful images Werner . It must be fantastic to revisit all your childhood memories . Fortunately for me I've lived in the area where I was born and brought up most of my life and only have to travel a couple of miles to relive those memories. I lived away for a few years in Bristol but missed the place so much I returned to live where I am now .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Werner.

Brian,
    Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    It must be fantastic to revisit all your childhood memories.
    yes, it was a fantastic journey, although sometimes painful for body and soul, but that was what I was looking for. Being an elderly guy, nearly 60 years old and with a reduced lung volume due to COPD, feeling the heavy pannier bags on my bicycle’s rear wheel somewhere on an uphill road, I became aware that this was actually a private and personal pilgrimage back to my own roots and to my own core. I don’t believe in religion, churches and gods, but this journey was rich and deep in achieving knowledge and experience.

Werner.
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 08-06-2016 at 08:14.

I'm Mike.

Thanks for sharing Werner, and you should be very proud of the images!
    They are both pleasant to look at and also makes me want to travel to these parts!

I'm Werner.

Mike,
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    They are both pleasant to look at and also makes me want to travel to these parts!
    thank you for your kind words. If there’s a way for you to visit these parts of Austria, I wholeheartedly encourage you to start your journey. In return to your plans I’m thinking about a bicycle trip to Sweden and Norway.

Werner.

I'm Grant.

Would appear to be Hungary... Inscription say something like Forgiveness. Do not you go down to the day of wrath. Its very distictive and a lo vely street
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast