+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why is most "chart" music crap and who buys it anyway?

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What's wrong with being sexy?
    Having to carry a shitty stick around all the time to beat them off with.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Easily solved. Just leave your fly open, and they'll run away laughing!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Easily solved. Just leave your fly open, and they'll run away laughing!

Marco.
    Is that what you do, then?

Of course, but in my case they run away scared from the monster waving out at them!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Of course, but in my case they run away scared from the monster waving out at them!!

Marco.
    Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Not before the kiddies have finished their tea!

Anyway, there's too much hilarity in here, so time for something more serious...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Paul.

Default WARNING : world famous record producer in potentially sexist opinion shocker !!

This from today's Independent :
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7070916.html

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

David Bowie producer Tony Visconti questions Adele's vocals:
    'How much has been manipulated?'

'There’s a sound to pop now that is so perfect it’s boring'

Jack Shepherd

Tony Visconti knows a thing or two about producing records by great artists; he is best known for working with David Bowie but has also produced albums by T-Rex, Iggy Pop, Morrissey, Thin Lizzy, and Manic Street Preachers. In a recent interview with The Daily Star, he heavily criticised modern pop stars, questioning how great Adele’s vocals really are.

“You turn the radio on and it’s fluff, you are listening to 90% computerised voices,” he told the paper.
    “We know Adele has a great voice but it’s even questionable if that is actually her voice or how much has been manipulated. We don’t know.”

Visconti is currently involved in the Sky Arts TV talent show Guitar Star, which aims to find an authentic rock-star.

“There’s a sound to pop now that is so perfect it’s boring, because everything is fixed,”
    he continued.
    “I’m looking for virtuosos like Hendrix, Cobain, and Bowie."

“There’s no fluffy backstory, there’s no: ‘I lost my pet dog in 97 and that made me want to play’ nonsense. No-one can mistake me for Simon Cowell. Today is the worst time ever in the music industry, but Guitar Star is a step in the right direction.”

Recently, Visconti - who worked with Bowie from 1969 until his last record, Blackstar - said there would be “some great Bowie stuff coming out” over the next few years, following the icon’s tragic death.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Now this I agree with, which is precisely why I don't listen to mainstream pop, it's not music it's manufactured, over produced pap.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm joe.

Here is the mighty Mark E Smith explaining why people buy crap records:

'It transpires that Smith is being a little coy and can in fact hold his own on bass and guitar and has even been known to tickle the ivories when the occasion demands it. Doesn’t he want to play on Fall records?

“No. The whole point of the thing is that it’s rock ‘n’ roll. That’s what people seem to forget.” He looks at me accusingly. “Working with American producers on the new album was very interesting, because they get a sound that makes people listen to the songs. It’s like a subliminal tone.”

What are you on about?

“Take a heavy metal hit – the song’s crap, what the guy’s saying is shit, what the group is playing is rudimentary heavy metal crap, but what they do is put a little thing in the middle of the sound, like a little click, so you can’t forget it. It used to be illegal. The Ministry of Defence invented it.”

Are you making this up?

The poker face relaxes into a smile.

“No, I’m not making it up. Why do you think people buy Def Leppard records then? They’re from your way aren’t they?”'

https://undeleted.wordpress.com/2008...ark-e-smith-1/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456