+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound problems with ripped DVD's 5.1 --> Stereo

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi all.

I have a problem with some of my ripped DVD's

I ripped some using WinXDVD. Not noticing but they were ripped in 5.1 and now when I play them (through stereo speakers) I'm getting the dialogue track coming through the left hand channel only. The music and other effects are in stereo.

Can anyone tell me how I can solve this with the files I've got because all of the channels should be there but I'd like to downmix it to stereo with the dialogue track being central.

Thanks
    Jo
    Looking at this post again, and I think I was right with my suggestion from last night - re-rip the DVD and select 2 channel output for the audio.
    I suspect that it's nigh on impossible to edit the audio on the files as you have them.

When you play the DVD in stereo the DVD player is processing the audio to stereo.
    When you play movie rips fro the HDD attached to your Bluray player then I suspect that the player doesn't have processing capability over USB to reprocess multichannel movie rips to stereo.
    You'd need to process the audio during the ripping process.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Josie.

Ah... ok, thanks Chris.

Ii'll see what I can do.

Handbrake, yes I tried that. I can't see a way to do it in that program though.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12