+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound problems with ripped DVD's 5.1 --> Stereo

I'm Josie.

Default Sound problems with ripped DVD's 5.1 --> Stereo

Hi all.

I have a problem with some of my ripped DVD's

I ripped some using WinXDVD. Not noticing but they were ripped in 5.1 and now when I play them (through stereo speakers) I'm getting the dialogue track coming through the left hand channel only. The music and other effects are in stereo.

Can anyone tell me how I can solve this with the files I've got because all of the channels should be there but I'd like to downmix it to stereo with the dialogue track being central.

Thanks
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Have you tried playing the disc on the same device you play the ripped movie on, and do you find you have the same problem?
    Are you playing back on a computer, or are you using some kind of streaming device?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Josie.

Hi Chris.

Sorry about the delay.

I'm streaming the movies from a hard drive via a Sony DVD/Blueray player. The DVD's sound fine. No problem with the sound.

Thanks
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Is there a stereo soundtrack on the DVDs concerned?
    If there is I'd suggest doing another rip, and pulling off the stereo soundtrack this time.
    Feck knows what kind of processing is going on with your original rips.
    Chris

I'm Josie.

Thanks Chris.

When I play the movie it comes up as 5.1 on the screen. It's just odd that even downmixing it down to stereo track via the dvd player doesn't make any difference.

I loaded the film track in to some audio software and 5 audio tracks appear as they should. Track one being the dialogue track... It's really odd.

Thing is, I've got lots of rips that are like this... I've been trying to find some software to mix the 5.1 tracks to stereo but with no luck so far.

I didn't see a stereo track on the DVD's prior to ripping either.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Which format did you convert the files to?
    I've just had a play with the trial version, and the default format converts multichannel audio into stereo MP3.
    Chris

I'm Josie.

I converted to MP4.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Before you hit the run button, did you go into the settings on the disc structure section.
    If you go to the settings button up at the top right of the box you can change how any audio channels the ripper converts to.
    Chris

I'm Bernie.

Can't you do it using Handbrake?

I'm sure the audio tab allows a stereo mix.
    Bernie.

I'm Grant.

If its just the audio you want then DVD Audio Extractor is quite good. I had a trial of it for 30 days Josie. maybe youve tried it?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast