+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30 year old iPod

I'm Steve.

Default 30 year old iPod

OK..definitely one for Ash

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-991...eed&subj=Crave

picked it up from another forum..quite apt perhaps.

where's the usb socket on one of those then ?

I bought a usb pencil sharpener from PC World last month. £4.99 !

Surely the Technic SL1210 is the better turntable and the more successful one since at one time, it was in service with over 5000 Broadcast Authorities and in use as the platter for most Disc cutting lathes.

I've never liked the belt drive idea, it's nothing like as reliable.

I'm Steve.

No..a better turntable is the Funk Firm's version (haven't heard a Technic in truth).

I heard one over in Anglesey, both before and after conversion. Still hard to believe how awesome and lifelike that made vinyl sound.

Its one of the fundamentals I could never agree with you on, Ashley. Oh..and I agree with the sentiment in the link.

Funnily enough, as Ronnie Corbett would say - and to go off at another tangent, this link SO reminded me of an interview I heard with Chris Rea a couple of weeks back. After a near death illness, he has produced some stunning blues albums, including his latest which I am in love with...stuff that he always wanted to produce.

He was saying that albums used to be made and produced with the type of person in mind who would sit in front of a pair of speakers and listen as though it was a performance. Hence the the end of side one became relevant...as did the start of side two, and the final track. CD's meant that people could cherry pick and skip, destroying that relevance of attention.

He has now decided to produce material for the people who want to sit and listen...in fact he said in the interview that the next one will be vinyl only.
    The last two 'albums' (loose term when one is 12 CD's), Blue Guitars and The Return of the Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes are works of art as packages. Amazing production as well.
    Just my twopenny worth of rambling..
    Last edited by SteveW; 19-04-2008 at 10:24.

+ Reply to Thread