+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: beemer

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    That's awful Jez, that's 5 I think this year,how anyone gets round amazes me
    +1 That's bad. I'd heard there'd been casualties.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Hi Geoff, the bike isn't great setting off in first,very easy to stall,apperently they run very lean.EU emmisionsi had quickly got used to it but still didn't like it, from web research this is a cheap ,I paidŁ40,fix.looking forward to a spin tomorrow. What you been looking at?
    Ooops
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

What you been looking at?
    Anything really. Probably something smallish and cheap for now. Got three cars on the road at the moment costing me money.

GS500, MZ , even a dinky Innova 125. Had all three before and got a soft spot for 'em. If I sell one of the cars, maybe an SV1000S. Always fancied one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Anything really. Probably something smallish and cheap for now. Got three cars on the road at the moment costing me money.

GS500, MZ , even a dinky Innova 125. Had all three before and got a soft spot for 'em. If I sell one of the cars, maybe an SV1000S. Always fancied one.
    A Suzuki sv1000? Lad at work had one, barking mad they are, I think early ones broke their frames the engine was so bonkers
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

What I'd really, really, like. Is one of these:

Rare Yamaha SDR 200. Jap market only. A few made it here.

Wicked little tool! 60 mph in 5.5 seconds is going some for a 200. I've only seen a couple and they look amazing in the flesh.

A small bike is fine by me. I'm not big and it won't get used every day. A bit of weekend fun is what I need.

I'm Geoff.

A Suzuki sv1000? Lad at work had one, barking mad they are, I think early ones broke their frames the engine was so bonkers
    Mate had a TL 1000R with basically the same engine. That was nuts. Bit on the big side though. The SV is very compact.

I'm James.

Mate had a TL 1000R with basically the same engine. That was nuts. Bit on the big side though. The SV is very compact.
    It's the TL I'm thinking of, the sv was more usable

I'm James.

What I'd really, really, like. Is one of these:

Rare Yamaha SDR 200. Jap market only. A few made it here.

Wicked little tool! 60 mph in 5.5 seconds is going some for a 200. I've only seen a couple and they look amazing in the flesh.

A small bike is fine by me. I'm not big and it won't get used every day. A bit of weekend fun is what I need.
    Now that does look cool,was it produced same time as the tzr250?

I'm Geoff.

Now that does look cool,was it produced same time as the tzr250?
    Yeah. It was. Mega hard to come by though. Spares only from Japan.

Here's a Japanese guy pratting around on one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZT0dg22ivI

Looks fun!

I'm James.

Yeah. It was. Mega hard to come by though. Spares only from Japan.

Here's a Japanese guy pratting around on one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZT0dg22ivI

Looks fun!
    It does, there was a TZR250 reversed cylinder,what ever that meant,ooh! I tried a mate's rg250, did about 2 miles,hurt big time
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 11-06-2016 at 19:11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast