+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: beemer

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    There's also an 80's Matchless with a Rotax unit in it. My brother has one. That's a pig to start too!

Cheers

Loz
    I saw a couple of those at a sprint held at North Weald. They were tuned and went like the clappers for singles!

(mind you, my old Yam SZR-660 didn't hang around for a single either, not seen one on the road for years)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

There's also an 80's Matchless with a Rotax unit in it. My brother has one. That's a pig to start too!
    Quite long wheelbase that Beemer has by the looks of it James. Looks fun.

Cheers

Loz
    Only managed just over 100 miles so far but yes FUN, once on the move,getting it off the line is the most awkward ive bike ridden in 30 years,very easy to stall! Apparently Boosterplug cures this,a bit like a power commander ,I'll get to know it better first.winding on from 3rd is quite addictive
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    winding on from 3rd is quite addictive
    Ah yes, the joy of a big twin. :-)

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I like twins. My last was a humble GS500. Not quick, but very useable. Handled OK too.
    I had one of these as a ride to work bike... awful build quality, real cheap n nasty! Yeah handled good but slow.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm James.

Quite long wheelbase that Beemer has by the looks of it James. Looks fun.

Cheers

Loz
    Your right about the long wheelbase, hadn't considered it, Steering slower than I'm used to
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Default new interconnect for the beemer

well not quiteAttachment 17192Attachment 17192 its called an Accelerator Module, it effectivley tricks the bike into thinking the air is cooler thus getting a richer air/fuel mix and hopefully fixing the jerkey response in first,looking forward to a spin tomorrow

I'm Geoff.

I didn't know you'd had a problem with it.

A richer mixture should 'fatten' the midrange a bit. Maybe at the expense of a bit of top end.

I dislike modern technology on bikes. 'Fly by wire' controls and digital engine management just mean more complexity and dear parts. Important if you want ultimate performance I suppose, but I like things simple. You can't fix a dud chip at the side of the road. Not that you'd have a spare anyway or even know what bit had packed up in any case, without plugging in a diagnostics computer.

I'd be happy still using carburettors, points and condenser on the ignition and cable controls. I'd not want to go back to drum brakes though!

Your bike musings have got me at it, looking at bike sale listings. I'm tempted to get another. I must be mad!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

On a down note re bikes My local bike dealer Ian Bell was killed yesterday in race 2 of the side cars at the TT. RIP Ian. He wasn't a close mate but I had known him for several years, chatted bikes over the odd pint with him in local pubs a few times and bought bikes from him. He was married with two kids. His son Carl was the passenger but is OK.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm James.

Hi Geoff, the bike isn't great setting off in first,very easy to stall,apperently they run very lean.EU emmisionsi had quickly got used to it but still didn't like it, from web research this is a cheap ,I paidŁ40,fix.looking forward to a spin tomorrow. What you been looking at?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    On a down note re bikes My local bike dealer Ian Bell was killed yesterday in race 2 of the side cars at the TT. RIP Ian. He wasn't a close mate but I had known him for several years, chatted bikes over the odd pint with him in local pubs a few times and bought bikes from him. He was married with two kids. His son Carl was the passenger but is OK.
    That's awful Jez, that's 5 I think this year,how anyone gets round amazes me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast