+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: beemer

I'm James.

Default beemer

i thought it was time for a change and found this, BMW f800r 2015Attachment 17097Attachment 17098Attachment 17099Attachment 17100Attachment 17101 im having to learn clutch/throttle control all over again as its very different to my previous yam
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 01-06-2016 at 18:52.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Don't know anything about modern BMW bikes. Looks like a twin. Does it ride well James?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't know anything about modern BMW bikes. Looks like a twin. Does it ride well James?
    Yes its a twin, rotax engine i believe, it rides great, lots o low and midrange grunt compared to other bikes ive had, sounds good too!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

I like twins. My last was a humble GS500. Not quick, but very useable. Handled OK too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I like twins. My last was a humble GS500. Not quick, but very useable. Handled OK too.
    I borrowed a gs500 some years back when my bike needed some work ,it died in the middle of Huddersfield in heavy rain,

I'm Alan.

I didn't know Rotax supplied engines for bikes, they are usually known for aviation engines.

I'm Geoff.

Rotax have supplied many bikes with engines. BMW obviously and for many years. MZ and Armstrong spring to mind too. No doubt there are others.

I had a Rotax powered Armstrong MT500 ex army all terrain bike. It was a pig! Bastard awkward left kick start, would never idle properly and had useless brakes .

I'm Andrew.

Aprilia's RSV, RSVR,etc had Rotax V-twins.

I'm Loz.

There's also an 80's Matchless with a Rotax unit in it. My brother has one. That's a pig to start too!
    Quite long wheelbase that Beemer has by the looks of it James. Looks fun.

Cheers

Loz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast