+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ricable Digital Coax

I'm Shaun.

Default Ricable Digital Coax

Just installed this cable into my sound system between the CD player's digital output and the Bushmaster's digital input. Yes, it has made quite a difference. Synth sounds are very definitely better defined and whereas they used to sound 'legato' they now very definitely start and stop. A really nice upgrade to the system for around 40 quid. The improvement in the stereo effect is also very worthwhile. Happy Hector.

I'm Shaun.

A couple of days on now and this cable is still amazing. It is incredible how all of the synth sounds start and stop so precisely whereas before it was almost a 'legato' kind of effect. On Floyd 'Wish You Were Here' there are now some stereo sounds, very subtle high frequency tinkles that come from the ten too position that are now so bloody obvious. Great cable and a bargain.

I'm Mark.

Default Ricable Digital Coax

!
    Last edited by Rush2112; 02-06-2016 at 15:02. Reason: Wrong thread ooops !
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Neil.

What cable were you using before?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Shaun.

No idea, a standard 75 Ohm cable.

I'm Neil.

Maybe your other cable's bad design creates more signal reflections.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

This wasn't a flippant post by the way. Any cable can transmit bit perfect data, salty wet string probably would. The issue is signal reflections occuring during the "decision point" of clock signals.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread