+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thorens TD160 B MkII

I'm Loz.

Something like this.....

Fairly inexpensive and does offer some protection.

I'm Grant.

Yes they are very good. Didnt fancy it myself initially but i love it now.. So practical and does look better in flesh
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    Thanks Grant. I remember seeing one on your old Thorens. Did you sell it when you sold the deck?
    No, i kept it and is on my JBE now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

danilo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Something like this.....
    Very nice looking TT. Small question about the Arcam? I had a D290.. It proved to be the Worst Sounding Amp I've ever had No better than the Horrid Dynaco St120 even
    Presumably Yours being an earlier version Is a better performing unit?
    Merely curious.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    I would like to do the same, but two cats and two toddlers mean I have no option but to give it some sort of protection. Where did you get your plinth from?
    Phil, the plinth was supplied by Layers of Beauty who I think are based in Barnsley. They do a whole load of finishes but some of them are only a veneer.

I'm Shaun.

Here ya go man...!

http://layers-of-beauty.co.uk/

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Here ya go man...!

http://layers-of-beauty.co.uk/

Thanks. I have actually already been in touch with them. Good to hear a review from a satisfied customer before I try them out though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Something like this.....

Looks good, although I think it would take some getting used to. I notice that none of the Thorens are on here are on wall shelves - I assume you all have non suspended floors, either that or you must walk very gently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    I had a D290.. It proved to be the Worst Sounding Amp I've ever had
    Presumably Yours being an earlier version Is a better performing unit?
    Merely curious.

I've never come across a Delta 290 Danilo so wouldn't be in a position to compare. I would say the Delta 60 is a very capable solid amp however, Nothing spectacular. There is another Delta 60 user somewhere on AoS but I can't remember who that is right now.

I'm Shaun.

Here I go with yet another shot of the TD160 B showing off the latest upgrade, the maple plinth. I have to say that this plinth is one of the best pieces of non hi-fi I have ever bought for fitting to a piece of hi-fi. It was a bloody bargain for under two hundred quid. Fitting takes a while but it is pretty easy it is just the screws that take a bit of grasping especially if they are very tight which they tend to be in the new wood.

I am just patiently waiting now for July/August when I should be able to complete the whole upgrade process and listen to some glorious vinyl once again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345