+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Its the top plate, quite tough actually. I've a funny feeling I'll be doing a lot of messing around with this new resin fillled jobbie.
    I will be watching with interest Andy . Just be careful mind
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXXVI - The great push!

Well got the drill back today and decided to put it to good use. I finished making my very high tech tonearm alignment system.

DSCN2933.jpg

The above pic shows the new top plate (resin filled) with a new optimised tone arm hole. The speed selector is now fixed for just 33 rpm. Every hole that can be filled has been filled. You can see that the resin is actually easy to drill.

DSCN2934.jpg

Here's a close up of the work done for the Alphason arm.

DSCN2935.jpg

The above picture just shows a mock up of the new tonearm mount which is several mm taller and now made in black to match the paint work. You can also see the excellent jolly fix bearing and top plate mount.

DSCN2936.jpg

A close up of the new tonearm mount. Hopefully better VTA and sonics!

The top plate is now undergoing several coats of laquer to give it a nice shiny appearence.

Right, that's it for tonight, as ever stay tuned......
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

OK now I'm confused ( not hard ) I thought the tonearm was going to be fitted off the top plate .

Is what's the centre of the hole for the tonearm ( 211 mm ? ) Did you use the wood as a guide as to where to drill the centre of the hole for the arm . What's the bottom piece of the tonearm mount made from and how is this fixed to the top plate .
    Sorry for all the questions Andy
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    OK now I'm confused ( not hard ) I thought the tonearm was going to be fitted off the top plate .

Is what's the centre of the hole for the tonearm ( 211 mm ? ) Did you use the wood as a guide as to where to drill the centre of the hole for the arm . What's the bottom piece of the tonearm mount made from and how is this fixed to the top plate .
    Sorry for all the questions Andy
    i was going to mount externally from the top plate but decided I didn't want the cost of another plinth. I've also used many materials of different densities and stiffness in a hope that any resonance will be eliminated to such an extent that it's not sonically noticeable. I did use the wood as a guide to drill the hole. The centre of the large drilled hole is extactly 211mm from the centre of the bearings spindle apex. The bottom piece of the tonearm mount is medium density EVA. I've not fixed the tonearm mounts to the top plate yet, I may have to make three custom bolts for the job as the old mounting bolts might not be long enough. Ah the joys of modding!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

OK Andy , thanks for the clarification . Things are much clearer now . Were you an engineer in a past life BTW
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Were you an engineer in a past life BTW
    No i just take things apart and then try to learn how things have been engineered.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXXVII - Plonking things back together again!

I usually do an hour on the Lenco every night as a way to destress but sometime this can be counter productive and produce more stress than it's supposed to relief . So tonight I finally managed to drill the final mounting holes for the tonearm mount only to discover that the original mounting bolts are now too short, so it looks like I'm going to either search around the garage tomorrow night for some M5 thread or buy some over the next few days. I still have plenty of things to be going on with and I managed to remount the bearing and also the on/off switch alongside the idler wheel park break. I still have some way to go. The '75 is now partially populated and the listening room is a complete bomb site! Tomorrow should hopefully see the installation of the motor. I must admit to being knackered and don't really fancy doing anymore tonight, so I'll bid you all a goodnight. As always, stay tuned...............
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Doing a bit of cutting and reshaping then Andy . Sounds like a fair bit of work for this one
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

. Sounds like a fair bit of work for this one
    Mainly drilling and sanding. I'm hoping to get it finished over the next few days. Final setting up can be done at leisure. All I want at the end of this week is a spinning platter and a silent motor
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Well if you've got that with a GL75 you're halfway there Andy .
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast