+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Andrew.

Chopping board arrived, looks like the experiment continues tonight!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Did the missus think they were for the kitchen
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

I think he is going to serve a medium rare Lenco and carve it up!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Alan.

He's carved it up already hasn't he

Medium rare suits me though

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    He's carved it up already hasn't he

Medium rare suits me though
    I like mine still alive!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

C'mon guys . Too much hilarity on this thread
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

OMG The bloody stylus has arrived.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Oooh !
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXX - Waiting for buses...

This hobby is great but also frustrating. It's great that it enables endless experimentation and gives great joy when something works out but it's frustrating whilst having to wait for the bits to come through the post! So today just like waiting for a bus my Ikea chopping boards arrive one day early and then 3 hours later the new JICO stylus arrives for JAPAN, see I told you it would be a close call between which arrived first. I've decided to play arround with the chopping boards first to see if they do indeed provide any improvements. Well it's early doors but I do indeed think that they are beginning to drag out more micro detail from the vinyl that I'm listening to. I started with removing the Sorbothane footers and semi rigid feet combo that I'd been using for the last few months and just coupled the birch ply feet on the plinth directly to the Bamboo and I instantly noticed a loss in quality so it looks like that particular combination is indeed a positive tweak for the Lenco. I next decided to just try the semi rigid rubber feet coupled onto the Bamboo boards and I noticed an immediate improvement in how vivid and vibrant the soundstage sounded. I'm beginning to wonder if the Sorbothane may be dampening down some of the vitality to this deck. The deck is not lacking in speed and transient attack but I'm beginning to think that it's the poor old M55E which is the weak link in chain. It just seems to be lacking something that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe all this negative sentiment will be blown away with the new JICO neoSAS stylus . So, initially the chopping boards seem to be working but I need more time to really make a proper assessment and I also need to see if the Sorbothane footers add or take away anything from the deck. Here's a quick picture of the deck sitting on the chopping boards.

DSCN2907.jpg

Certainly food for thought doing all this experimentation. As always...................................
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm jamie.

good work there mate,
    i noticed a difference in detail when i installed a panzerholz tonearm board for the alphason,have you tried this stuff?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast