+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Before or after applying the resin ?

You have PM mate.
    Dunno if its even worthwhile doing this mod, need to do some more reading.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - Pt XIX - We've hit a red light Houston.

Tonight has seen me coming to a full and utter halt now with the Lenco as I'm still waiting for my new Lenco bearing and top plate clamp. I've also finished modding the second top plate which I intend using with a newly designed plinth sometime in 2017. I only started modding the second top plate to pass the time away whilst I waited for the bearing and clamp. My CDO got the better of me and I decided to smarten up the underside of the plinth and paint the base of the pan. I have no idea why I bothered because virtually no-one will ever see it. As always the biggest pain in the bum is the prep work when your modding the Lenco decks. This next photo shows all top plate after it's been worked over by all the various grade of sand paper including 400 grit wet and dry.

DSCN2857.jpg

I've left the periphery of the "pan" alone as this is going to be filled with Marine Resin. The "pan" gets the usual going over with wet and dry etc etc.

DSCN2858.jpg

OK we are now ready to go with the primer. The top plate and the "pan" get 5 layers of primer. You can now see that the top plate has been cured of it's swiss cheese look and now has the minimum of holes needed. The speed selector has been modded even further to remove excess screws from the top plate and I now only have the 33rpm speed selector available. The underside of the plinth looks a little smarter and is ready for filling with resin and painting.

DSCN2861.jpgDSCN2862.jpg

And this is the resin I found from ebay and suggested by a member over on LH. £15 delivered from ebay. Very easy to use, is 1ml of hardener for 100ml of resin. I found I needed ~350-400 ml of resin to fill the topplate.

DSCN2860.jpg

See more in pt 2.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

The Reference Leno - Pt XIX - Pt 2

OK, so this is what you have to do if you want to pour resin into the top plate. Firstly find x4 M4 screws and screw them into the mounting bolt holes and then cover the screws with blue tack. Secondly protect the speed selector area. I did this by filling in the speed selector with blutack and then using some plastic to form a gully for the speed selector arm.

DSCN2865.jpg

You now need to make sure your top plate is level. I used my old spirit level from when I built my extension.

DSCN2867.jpg

Things weren't quite level so a little packaging soon did the trick.

DSCN2868.jpg

And this is what a Lenco 75 top plate looks like 24 hours later filled with resin. The various bits of protective gubbins have been removed.

DSCN2871.jpg

Now the project has ground to a halt. FCUK!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Looking great Andy . I was wondering how you limited the speed change to 33 RPM . The pictures are worth a thousand words

Your OCD is quite obvious in this post Is there really any other way to do it

The top plate looks great and I'm looking forward to the finished article where you put the top coat on .

Are you going to be designing and building your own plinth ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Looking great Andy . I was wondering how you limited the speed change to 33 RPM . The pictures are worth a thousand words

Your OCD is quite obvious in this post Is there really any other way to do it

The top plate looks great and I'm looking forward to the finished article where you put the top coat on .

Are you going to be designing and building tour own plinth ?
    It was a bit difficult trying to describe the 33rpm mod over the phone. The plinth is something that I need to think about. I quite fancy doing a multiple arm plinth. I'll probably also experiment a bit with marine resin and kitty litter if this new top plate sounds any good.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

My ''gut'' feeling is that it will sound very good indeed , although as ever , the proof is in the listening .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Finally it looks like the new bearing and clamp are going to turn up this week! The old Lenco can get assembled and I can do some proper listening over the Xmas period. Looks like the old valves and Tannoy's will be going away over Xmas in favour of the '75 and ATC speakers
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Bearing, bearing clamp and snake wood wooden body for the Shure have arrived.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Excellent , what are you fitting first ?
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Bearing and clamp first, I have a denon 103m mounted on the tonearm so I want to give that a listen first. It looks like I might have to do some fiddling around with the Shure in that I might have to remove the body, I could be wrong but I'm at work at the moment so I'll know when I get back this afternoon.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast