+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Glad you had none of the horrors of setting up the Decca as others seem to have had. I thought it was fairly straight forward.

What arm are you using?
    SME 3012 (not ideal). Setting up took 5 minutes. Find a headshell, find some cart leads, set VTA, track at 2g, produce music. No brainer really!!!!!!!!!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    SME 3012 (not ideal). Setting up took 5 minutes. Find a headshell, find some cart leads, set VTA, track at 2g, produce music. No brainer really!!!!!!!!!!
    Fantastic, hope you enjoy it.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

I don't know where the rumours of Deccas being tricky to set up come from. I've had about ten and in various arms and never had any bother.

Oh. And they work OK in an Ittok, but sound crap with it!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

A nice big 12" unipivot is next on the purchase list.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

The poor old Lenco has taken a bit of a back seat due to the revelation on the DECCA Maroon cartridge which I purchased a few weeks ago. Only a very minor update tonight. I decided that my Alphason tonearm need a tonearm cue and I managed to salvage one from an old tonearm from times gone by. Yes it's been put on upside down but it was a real PITA to fit and I'm not about to redo it, it works and I'm happy with how it functions even though it does look a little strange.

DSCN2665.jpg

The next little upgrade was a spindle extender for my stacked platter experiment when I get time to mess around a bit more. I managed to find this one of the net for £23 delivered, I've prices vary but this was the cheapest I could find.

s-l1600.jpg

The stacked platter experiment is probably going to need a little modification to Frankenbearing. So I managed to find a small tube of lithium grease off e-bay for £1.95, I don't need gallons of the stuff hanging around so a small tube can fit in my garage toolbox. It will be interesting to see how my findings pan out against the other Lenco users on the forum certainly be interesting to see how free spinning Frankenbearing is against the stock bearing I'm running at the moment. I'm still getting used to the Lenco's sound and I must admit that I'm really enjoying this little deck.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Yes , I've been thoroughly enjoying mine too Andrew . I've applied a few cheapish modifications to mine and every one has given me an audible improvement . I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for your opinion on the original V modified '' Frankensteinbearing ''
    I've had great fun so far with this turntable and I can sit down in the evening and enjoy the fruits of my labour
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

whats the status with the thrust pads Brian?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

They were posted on the 19th Andrew ( from Spain I think ) , so should be here shortly .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Fab! Incidently, is your avatar the AOS lenco fettlers club? Me, you and Jimbo?

PS which are you??
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Hah ! I'm the good looking debonair one

Which one are you I've met James in person but I'll let him decide which third of the avatar he is
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast