+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Brian.

Nice one Andy . She lives

The bearing certainly looks like a piece of kit . I have the bearing top collar fitted to mine and it's beautifully made . The bearing really looks like a tight fit , however it does fit and that's the important bit .

Once I've finished playing with Ralphs headshell and brass counterweights I'll have a look at the M55e to see if I feel comfortable taking it to bits .

I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour over the holidays Andy, and I'm looking forward to your thoughts
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXI - ' Tweakin.

The deck has been tweaked a little tonight. The tonearm has been reasonably well setup, I'm still playing around with optimal tonearm height parallel to the vinly. The new snakewood body has been fitted to my Shure M55E cartridge and it's tracking at 1.4g I could really do with 2mm extra height above the vinyl but that's a problem for another night. I've decided to use the Copper record weight just to see if it adds anything to the presentation of the cartridge. I've also been playing with the voltage going through the '75 and have decided to stick with 220V for the time being things just don't sound as good when I'm down at the 200-210V area. I'm going to be listening over the next few weeks to this deck altough I have to say that the deck does sound markedly better when you strap a Denon 103M and Modified Lentek head amp on board. First impressions? Well, there is plenty of space between the instruments and the Shure is pretty laid back when compared to its MC compadre's. It's still too early in the day to make any serious observations but all I can say is that I'm really enjoying my time with the '75 in it's current guise. I've added a couple of pics to show you what the deck now looks like.

DSCN2890.jpgDSCN2891.jpg
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Very nice indeed Andy , lucky man , but I know you've worked hard to get the GL75 to this stage .

Did you have to widen the holes on the new M55e wooden cover after all ? I would love to know if it has changed the sonic character of the cartridge but I guess it's difficult to tell with all the changes you've made .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Brian I've sent you a PM.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Brian I've sent you a PM.
    Nothing received Andy .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Tonights update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXII - Which path to take?

I've been completely smitten with the Shure M55E/JICO elliptical stylus and Snakewood body combo it's been sitting on my Lenco for the last few days producing some very nice relaxed sonics, so much so that it's my goto deck when I just want a few relaxing sides of vinyl, it's not quite as good as the Valve system I own but this really is a fantastic sounding deck even if I do say so myself. I have now to select the path of MM or MC . I also just happen to own a modded lentek head amp and Denon 103M cartridge which also produce some extremely nice noises but I also intend to get the JICO neoSAS stylus for the Shure M55E next year. Xmas 2016 is being spent getting to know the sonic signature of the Shure/JICO/Snakewood body lashup. Fortunately the good old Shure has been discussed in great detail by two members of AOS (Marco & Jimbo) and thankfully for me they have described the sonic presentation of this cart perfectly so a lot of the work has been done for me, cheer lads . January will be spent listening to the 103/Lentek combo and then a decision made in Februray with regards what's stopping on the Alphason tonearm.

Now for something completely different. It's time to start looking for some metal so I can add a cross brace to my plinth, why ? Well this will stiffen the plinth further and also more importantly allow me to do two things, firstly further improve the coupling of the Jolyon bearing to the top plate if I so wish or secondly decouple the bearing completely from the top plate. I'll probably do this wee mod over the Xmas period if the mood takes me. 2017 will soon be upon us and then it looks like new plinth design time.

So until next time.....
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

This has been a fantastic thread so far Andy . I may follow the route you have taken if I buy another GL75 next year . This one will be stating stock with a few judicious modifications which are easily reversible . I'm listening to this fantastic turntable as I write this ... wonderful . Firstly I will be fitting the wooden body modification to the M55e when I receive it and then a Jico SAS stylus is on the cards . I will of course be keeping an eye on this extremely interesting and informative thread .
    Roll on 2017
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    This has been a fantastic thread so far Andy . I may follow the route you have taken if I buy another GL75 next year . This one will be stating stock with a few judicious modifications which are easily reversible . I'm listening to this fantastic turntable as I write this ... wonderful . Firstly I will be fitting the wooden body modification to the M55e when I receive it and then a Jico SAS stylus is on the cards . I will of course be keeping an eye on this extremely interesting and informative thread .
    Roll on 2017
    Thanks mate. We might be coming to an end soon. Cartridge choices arn't really anything to do with the development of the deck. The main thing for me next year is the implentation of completely decoupled tonearm's on a plinth which will accept the newly modified resin filled plinth. I want to try a CLD design with some extra mass. It's all good fun in the end and keeps me off the streets.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I may follow the route you have taken if I buy another GL75 next year .
    I have a scruffy one with busted arm and no lid that I'm moving on. Mechanically the rest seems OK and it has its plinth.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have a scruffy one with busted arm and no lid that I'm moving on. Mechanically the rest seems OK and it has its plinth.
    Thanks for the offer Geoff but the wooden body and Jico SAS stylus will probably leave me skint for a bit
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast