+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Andrew.

This JICO stylus is a bit good.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    This JICO stylus is a bit good.
    I know
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXXI - A quick cop out....

OK, I'm not going to write reems about the new JICO neoSAS stylus (from now on known as the neo) but suffice to say that I agree with my other Lenco muckers in that it's something special and a considerable leg up the sonic ladder. I'm tracking at 1.5g and having a great time listening to all genre's of music. The only downside to the little Shure M55E is that it's too bloody polite and even handed and therein is the weakness of the Lenco deck. The M55E in it's current guise is now my reference MM cartridge but it can't compete with my high end MC's they just do stuff that the little Shure can't do. I will instantly leap to the defence of the Shure and say that it has a bloody good go of emulating the high end MC's. So, I think it equals the Ortofon 2M black and I would say that you'd easily be looking at £500-750 for a MC to beat it. This is a MM for Jazz fans and female vocals. It does do heavy rock but it dosen't DO heavy rock if you see what I mean. The neo can really render a close mic performance and the singer is palpable. Soundstage is a little narrower compared to the old stylus but that's ok because it just means that what I hear in nicely placed in front of me and easily disected. I can follow any instrument with great ease. The neo is quieter than the old JICO stylus and background noise is virtually non-existant, I've also heard no sibilance yet on any record. I would say that timbre various instruments is better defined with cymbals shimmering nicely, acoustic guitars sound nice. This thread is really about the evolution of the Lenco '75 and not the neo. I have to say that the Bamboo board is a keeper I started to notice lots of small details in old records that I'd not previously heard whilst playing on the Lenco, I'd heard the details on my other decks but put that down to those decks having highend MC's rather than a 2nd hand pimped Shure M55E from $cumbay. I think the neo and the Bamboo board together work synergestically and have been worthwhile purchases and would recommend them in a heart beat. I wanted a little more time auditioning the neo and bamboo board but have to say that the difference was instantly heard so it looks like my Evolution roadmap may have to be re-evaluated. I'm thinking it might be time to break the '75 down again and install the resin filled plinth and I may even order a ebony tonearm mount from speedy steve! I have one last experiment with the tonearm before I install the resin filled top plate and that is to see if the new '55 setup will improve even further with a little more isolation in the tonearm in the form of the mPingo wooden spacer that I own. OK, enough for tonight, as always.......................................
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Glad you like the SAS Andy , it's next in my upgrade path . Do you need one or two of the Ikea chopping boards for underneath the turntable ? Did you post a link to them , I may have missed it .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Glad you like the SAS Andy , it's next in my upgrade path . Do you need one or two of the Ikea chopping boards for underneath the turntable ? Did you post a link to them , I may have missed it .
    You could try this one which is the "mother" of bamboo chopping boards. I've just bought one on the strength of what I've heard on my Lenco from the others that I bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APTITLIG-B...IAAOSwQupXUv9Y
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

That's a mighty chopping board mate
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

I bought two smaller ones and to be honest they only just fit so I decided to get the big one and have done with it. The other boards have gone under other bits of kit on my rack.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I bought two smaller ones and to be honest they only just fit so I decided to get the big one and have done with it. The other boards have gone under other bits of kit on my rack.
    Good , not wasted then mate

This big one should be interesting .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

I dont think it's going to add anything else but it perfectly fits the footprint of my lenco plinth. Next mod is the new resin filled top plate which means a reBuild of the deck AGAIN! 8-(
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

I'll have to measure mine .

You must be able to strip and rebuild that turntable with your eyes closed by now Andy
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast