+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1162

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Andrew.

The Reference Lenco Pt LXXIX - New Year new developments

It's nearly March and I've not touched the '75 in quite some time. I've been enjoying the deck and love it's sound but I've now finished with my Valve MM phonostage experiments and my Goldring G99 is also on the final straight with only a few minor tweaks to do. I've been looking at stuff that I don't use and have decided that I might go down the route of a two arm plinth. I want a new plinth anyway because I want a decoupled tonearm pod made from heavy non-magnetic material and possibly with an ebony finish. I love the effect the ebony armboard brought to my Technics 1210 so I suspect a might tweak a little extra detail out of the '75. The plinth redesign will also enable me to change the orientation of the whole turntable chasis, this picture gives you all an idea of what I want. I would like to position the motor to the lower left of the plinth whilst keeping the tonearm top right. The idea is to keep vibration away from the tonearm pod which will be decoupled anyway but it might aid things.

PLINTH.jpg

The new plinth will also house the new chasis which is now completely filled in. I also have performed some modifications to the idler arm which may or may not be beneficial. The Alphason tonearm should also benefit from the new plinth as I should be able to improve the VTA position of the tonearm. Things are ok and I get a great noise from the '75 but I think could be improved. The new plinth will also have a greater mass, I'm a great fan of extra mass and it should be interesting to see if this helps. I do have a concern that I'm not going to be able to assess each tweak on an individual basis so I guess I'm hoping that all of them when taken as a package will improve the performance of the deck. Construction of the new plinth will probably be birch ply but I do have an important call to make tomorrow to discuss the plinth's design. At the some point I'd also like to decouple the motor so this has to be taken into account when making the plinth. I'll also be looking at dampening again wherever possible under the hood and removing any parts that are not needed. I hate to say this but the only way forward with this deck would probably be to ditch it and then go down the route of a PTP. There is still life left in this old beast and hopefully we can keep this thread alive for a little longer.

As ever stay tuned...
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Good to see you working on the GL75 again Andy . This thread shows that you have a deep understanding of this turntable and how to improve it . I must admit that I tried to return to vinyl with the GL75 twice and decided , reluctantly , that I didn't have the time nor the patience to enjoy vinyl the way it should be enjoyed . When I retire ....you never know . It doesn't stop me from enjoying this thread though
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Maybe you need to try a VPI belter Brian

I'm Brian.

How ya fixed buddy
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Good to see you working on the GL75 again Andy . This thread shows that you have a deep understanding of this turntable and how to improve it . I must admit that I tried to return to vinyl with the GL75 twice and decided , reluctantly , that I didn't have the time nor the patience to enjoy vinyl the way it should be enjoyed . When I retire ....you never know . It doesn't stop me from enjoying this thread though
    Thanks mate! Glad your enjoying the thread still. Part of the enjoyment has been trying the deck with different phonostage, arms, carts etc. I'm using my Sugden Masterclass phonostage at the moment and the '75 sounds quite good. It's been plumbed into the EAR 834p clone for some time so nice to listen to a bit of solid state. Sorry to hear you couldn't get on with your 75, I'm always here if you change your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Maybe you need to try a VPI belter Brian
    Jim, nice to see you back on this thread. I've always had a bit of a dislike to belter's but I'm watching a deck at the moment which just might take me back into that camp. Watch this space
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Thanks mate! Glad your enjoying the thread still. Part of the enjoyment has been trying the deck with different phonostage, arms, carts etc. I'm using my Sugden Masterclass phonostage at the moment and the '75 sounds quite good. It's been plumbed into the EAR 834p clone for some time so nice to listen to a bit of solid state. Sorry to hear you couldn't get on with your 75, I'm always here if you change your mind!

Jim, nice to see you back on this thread. I've always had a bit of a dislike to belter's but I'm watching a deck at the moment which just might take me back into that camp. Watch this space
    Always interested in your latest developments Andy. Very curious regarding your interest in a belter.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Always interested in your latest developments Andy. Very curious regarding your interest in a belter.
    It all depends upon the final price!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get on with your 75, I'm always here if you change your mind!

Thanks Andy , I'll keep that in mind
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    It all depends upon the final price!
    OUTBID! Ah, I supposed the money will be spent on the 75!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Keith.

Glad to see that you like the look of my two arm plinth Andy. It is sounding pretty good with my homemade unipivot arm and a Decca microscanner Gold cartridge. The 12" arms is still under construction and will have a Koetsu Red cartridge fitted which has just been rebuilt by Goldring.

I am curious as to how you intend to decouple the arm board.

The plinth is I believe one of Carls workshop build; I bought it second hand although unused. Excellent build quality and damned heavy.

+ Reply to Thread