+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Andrew.

Default LENCO - GL75 Project

Stay tooned folks should be Tuesday next week.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andr'e.

Andy you think you'll ever settle with a vinyl grinder?

I'm Andrew.

Well I've had the 301 & the 1210 for many years now. I've played around with a few decks including LP12, Rega's, Alphason solo, Thorens TD160, several 1210's. I've never had a Lenco before. The Thorens was nice but was never really meant to stay.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Ralph.

Not having had one before is the best reason I can think of to try one
    Ralph.

I'm Andrew.

I may buy another. I'd like to see what can be done with simple plinth etc but the PTP 6 project looks interesting altough there's not much left of the original gl75 when you've finished surgery.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

It's arrived complete with its dynatron tuner/amplifier. Dosen't look to be in bad nick and the TT spins. The tonearm appears in decent condition and has all the gubbins.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

So this is what the new project looks like.

IMG_0374.jpg

A close up.

IMG_0376.jpg

I dumped the dyantron amp, it didn't work. Four mounting nuts later and the Lenco is free.

IMG_0378.jpg

This is the heavy platter version. The deck is a reasonable early example in the 6500's.

IMG_0379.jpg

A quick check reveals I have the sort after 5 holed idler wheel.

IMG_0380.jpg

The deck power up and platter change speed accordingly when via the speed selector. I've not checked the tonearm but it has all the gubbins. I even managed to bag a Shure M75e MM cart (untested) . Now to source a plinth. This will form the basis of a Signature Lenco turntable project. I need to first go through a lot of reading to make sure I get the best out of this deck.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Geoff.

I have a spare standard plinth or two Andy. No lids though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

I still have one of these Andy. but its built into a unit with Goodmans '80' amp. Collectively called a 'CM80'. I cant part with it cos its such a loverly looking thing..

I'm Andrew.

Geoff,

I'm thinking of maybe getting 2 '75s one a standard one and then really pimping one out. I'm after a birchply plinth.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast