+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt XXXXXVI - Deja Vu - Visiting an old friend

Well I've dumped the Denon 103M and head amp and have gone back to an old friend, the Shure M55E, why? Well after shed loads of listening there really isn't that much init, the Denon 103M+Lentek headamp is the better configuration but I've more interconnects than I like and I also have the additional faff of replacing a battery every few weeks with the headamp. The additional bonus of the Shure cartridge is that I have managed to keep the same tonearm and cartridge resonance, all the tonearm tweaking is still in place but I have concrete proof that I have a diamond that tracks with a 75uR diameter in my vinyl grooves. This stops me from having to spend stupid amounts of money on having the Denon 103M modded. The tonearm is still 1mm higher to the back than the front but the Shure cartridge is tracking parallel to the vinyl so I'm happy. This now concludes the tonearm tweaking.
    Nice one Andy, the Shure M55 with Jico SAS is a very nice combination and on my Lenco delivers a stunning performance, I prefer it in some ways to my VPI set up. I am sure the micro ridge profile of the SAS digs deeper and tracks better than the 103M. I can't comment sound wise but I expect more detail retrieval from the M55 but less boogie factor?

I need to pop a capacitor on the on/off switch when I get round to it and I will then be using the Lenco for my main turntable again.

I use a protractor for overhang set up but not sure if it's the best. Do you have one that you would recommend or can you send me to a link for the one you use?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Hi Jim, nice to see you back on the thread again. I use this. http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/fe...tractor_e.html pricey but very worthwhile.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Hi Jim, nice to see you back on the thread again. I use this. http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/fe...tractor_e.html pricey but very worthwhile.
    Ah yes I have seen those, I use his speed platter calibration app with his test record which is very good.

I may well invest in this alignment protractor as it will be useful for any turntable set up.

Thanks for the link, will read that after I have watched Eurovision
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON
    Why that's even better still, low single digit Hz levels is better than 10Hz!
    How so? Figures below 8Hz should be treated with caution, unless you are very confident about the isolation of your TT from the room/floor.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How so? Figures below 8Hz should be treated with caution, unless you are very confident about the isolation of your TT from the room/floor.
    The whole ethos of this build has been about messing around with vibration isolation and I've tried to employ many different strategies to make sure the deck is as immune as possible.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

So what is so special about single figure LF resonances?
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Your right about the 301 with jazz ! With a hadcock and an audio technical mm it sings beautifully ! To be honest I like it with all sorts of music, but I have to agree with you that as an all rounder the Lenco has an edge

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Henry Jones View Post
    Your right about the 301 with jazz ! With a hadcock and an audio technical mm it sings beautifully ! To be honest I like it with all sorts of music, but I have to agree with you that as an all rounder the Lenco has an edge
    My 301 gets used every week. The Lenco gets used when I feel like it.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco - Pt XXXXXVII - Mini mini tiny weeney update

More tweaking and mucking around with the Lenco. This time I've had an antiskate weight made for me for the Alphason Tonearm. I'm currently using a spare which is not really as good as it could be. I've also found my old cork mat so being a little bored I've decided to do a little platter mat shoot-out, my current combination is a Gimp map sat underneath an original Garrard 301 mat which to my ears has produced the best results so far. I've also noticed a new bearing for sale over on Lenco Heaven which is getting some good feedback but being cautious I'll sit back and wait. The Lenco has been performing very well since the last update and is being used on a semi-regular basis. Until next time

I'm Brian.

Ello Andy , haven't seen you update this thread for a bit Hope you're enjoying the GL75
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast