+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,055 of 1055

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm AnDreW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I see you two chaps are still tinkering
    Come on join the club.
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Mega Modded) DAC Caiman SEG+Anker PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 MatTeunto GunMetal Bearing SPH Plinth Moldovan Arm SME 3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU NSC MCAg Meister SPU/DECCA Maroon CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker3mm2Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise

I'm Brian.

Aye , jump in James . You know you want to
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm James.

I need more time mate - maybe a nice long term project for my retirement!
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

I'm AnDreW.

The Reference Lenco Pt LXXIV - Micro-mini-miniscule update PT 2

I have not forgotten the '75 but my time has been limited with lots of other projects. I did address the idea of encasing the bearing with silicone dampening rings. LH member Jolly wrote an interesting post.

"The motor spins at 1440rpm under no load so a bit slower when driving the platter. So you could get noise from the bearings at a frequency of 1440/50 which would be 24 Hz no load and lower under load if the bearings were misaligned and were tight at one point during a single revolution of the armature. Idler eccentricity would generate LF noise and cause the platter to ring a little more."

This is the post that got me wondering if it was possible to reduce bearing noise going into the platter by encasing it with silicone rings. I also wondered if a very thin layer of sorbothane (0.5 / 1mm) would be useful under the bearing collar I use. Now, here's the ace up my sleeve , I intend to measure some of these experiments by using one of these

and a copy of Audacity. I understand that the measurements might be skewed but i'm hoping that it might give me an insight into how we can improve vibration around the bearing and also how these little experiments improve rumble going through the bearing. All the information learned will go into making v3 of my Reference Lenco turntable. I should have my silicone rings within a few days so let the fun begin!!
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Mega Modded) DAC Caiman SEG+Anker PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 MatTeunto GunMetal Bearing SPH Plinth Moldovan Arm SME 3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU NSC MCAg Meister SPU/DECCA Maroon CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker3mm2Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise

I'm AnDreW.

The Reference Lenco Pt LXXV - Rumble Grumble!

So my new toy arrives tomorrow which should enable me to assess bearing rumble (presuming I can get it to work)! This is going to be pretty cool as I intend to look at the effects of many tweaks including the effects of using and not using a record weight. I'll also look at the effects of encasing the bearing in silicone. I have bags of very thick sorbothane so I'll be placing this in a few discrete places and seeing what happens. The effects of platter mats and platter dampening rings could also be assessed as well. I also want to see if changing the material of the bearing brace from steel to birchply and sorbothane has any effects. All interesting stuff which I'll document over the next few weeks. I suppose I could even look at the effects of differing greases and oils in the bearing itself. STAY TUNED!

+ Reply to Thread