+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1162

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Shouldn't it be "The Reference Lenco Pt LXI"?
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Shouldn't it be "The Reference Lenco Pt LXI"?
    Smarty pants L=50! Post now corrected.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

You'll need to correct post 981 as well!
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You'll need to correct post 981 as well!
    No way man, gimme a break!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    looking good there andy
    love your dedication and determination,along with the insight,mods and pictures....makes me want to rip mine apart and follow your lead
    carry on the good work and well done once again...certainly a credit to you and your efforts.

regards
    smithie
    Thanks. The new paint job looks better and I've tweeked a few more things, details in the update.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Mmm... yes I like to see piccies Andy Black platter not for me but looking good nonetheless . I would be surprised if the paint didn't dampen the platter ever so slightly .

That idler wheel looks awesome mate , it's a shame that it won't be on show

Yes the little idler wheel conversion is tiny but effective . Just shows how it can affect the speed .

I look forward to the pictures of the fully assembled unit again
    Hopefully I should have something done before I go on Holiday! It's part assembled already. Just tweeking a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That's a funky idler wheel!
    Thanks. I thought so when I saw it.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

We are approaching 1000 posts to this thread. I have a mega update planned for the 1000th post!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Now spinning some Sabbath, deck sounds good!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Tonights Update - The Reference Lenco Pt LXII - More buggering about with isolation and vibration supression.

The road to Lenco paradise is never simple and quite often frustrating. This upgrade has been one of those which tried my patience
    and also meant a rebuild of the Lenco. The new carbon fibre idler wheel has meant that the timing of the Lenco idler wheel has been
    slightly screwed up in that the platter runs about 2% quicker than it should so this means a whole new re-alignment of the idler wheel
    arm to get things spinning properly. The new idler wheel seems to take a little longer to get the platter upto speed. So, I thought
    bugger it why not rebuild the deck again. I decided to also respray the top plate and get the deck functioning as good as I could.
    I also added to the tonearm pillar dampening whilst the deck was dismantled. This leads to a dilemma of not knowing if a mod has
    had any effect on the sonic performance, but that's part of the fun I suppose! I'm still waiting for the counter weight from Germany
    and this is a little stumbling block as the full performance of the Alphason tonearm is still not being fully realised, ho hum!

I also decided to finally get around to filling in quite a sizeable hole on the underside of the top plate which was left over from
    when I used to the speed selection components installed on the underside of the Lenco. I also decided to do a little more work on
    vibration supression in the form of trying to stop vibration getting into the tonearm from the top plate. I decided to further dampen
    down the on/off switch pillar on the underside of the top plate. My logic had always been quite simple, it's made from brass and is
    already stiff and pretty immune to vibration and I never really worried about it. But, after finding some suitable rubber bungs I
    decided to mod one and then fit it over the pillar. It's now completely enveloped in thick rubber which should make vibration
    transmission from the top plate into the on/off switch that little bitter harder, this should in theory be helpful for a reduction
    in vibration transmission into the idler wheel arm. I've included a few pictures so that you can see what I'm waffling on about.

So this is the gaping hole on the underside of the top plate, and later after it was filled.

DSCN3076.jpgDSCN3086.jpg

The on/off switch pillar on the underside of the top plate without and with rubber isolation plug.

DSCN3077.jpgDSCN3087.jpg

I also decided to turn my attention to the tonearm again and I decided to make a 5mm EVA sheath to sit snugly over the tonearm pillar
    mount. The whole thing took about 1 hour to make if you include glue drying times. I bored the hole out with a 19mm wood drill bit
    and then used a grinder to remove excess material. It fits the Alphason tonearm pillar very snugly and matches the colour of the top
    plate. The mounting of the tonearm on the underside of the top plinth was another area that really annoyed me, I'd never really been
    happy with my first attempt of just x3 washers and nuts. This time I tried an additional two methods of mounting the tonearm, the
    first attempt was to use some sorbothane washers that I fabricated but these turned out to be too flimsy. The second attmept was to
    modify a couple more bungs and then mount them on the threads coming from the tonearm, I then tightend the mounting nuts into the
    bungs so this achieved a couple of things. Firstly I gained greater vibartion suppression by completely enveloping the mounting
    thread and nut in thick rubber and secondly the tonearm is more securely mounted so hopefully mounting the tonearm more tightly to the
    external surface of the top plate and improving the coupling bewteen the two surfaces (well that's the theory).

The start of the tonearm pillar sheath and some isolation grommets I made from sorbothane.

DSCN3091.jpg

The anti-skate weight is yet to make an appearence from Germany so the tonearm is still not functioning to full capacity. The whole
    deck will need to be set up again from scratch and then the whole process of assessing these tweaks begins. Hopefully another rung
    up the sonic ladder.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

The Reference Lenco Pt LXII - Pt II - More pictures.

The deck got completely stripped of it's old paint job and I filled in some more holes and reworked over some old filler.

DSCN3080.jpg

This pictures shows my attemps at using sorbothane and nuts to try and add a little additional vibrational dampening to the tonearm.

DSCN3092.jpg

This was my second attempt at a design to try and isolate the tonearm from vibration. This time a mixture of sorbothane and rubber.

DSCN3102.jpg

This is the finished EVA sheath which now lives on the tonearm mounting pillar.

DSCN3098.jpg

This is my deck as of tonight 12/7/2017.

DSCN3104.jpg
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Right thats it post 1000. I'm off to away now so all have a good time and I'll catch up in a week, now doubt fresh with ideas for the deck!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread